joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've even lost track of what the relevant fantasy snow timeframe to be looking at is at this point.

I am interested in the lead shortwave Thurs-Fri, and the one most are keying on over the weekend. Both have some potential to trend better imo. I couldn't care less about anything beyond the weekend at this point. Futile to even go there.

models will change over the next 6 days, but our chances (and not guarantees) are starting 2/15-20

anything before that would be a fluke

Yeah, I am watching that 1004mb SLP in S OK at 192 with the 1047 H nosing into the Plains with what looks like decent confluence out ahead of it (at least I think there is)

With the mean trough axis E of the coastline, there's no way we get in on an Miller B action.  Only way we snow this weekend is if the vort/surface low pass south of us on the Detroit-Norfolk express line.  I know where my expectations are lying.  

Yeah, that's not the best thing to hang one's hat on.  Might as well hope for the Chattanooga Choo-Choo (actually that would be a good location!)!  We would really need that trough/vortex to dive almost due south in order for the surface reflection and dynamics to give us much hope.  Oh well, we'll see I guess.

Yeah, I am watching that 1004mb SLP in S OK at 192 with the 1047 H nosing into the Plains with what looks like decent confluence out ahead of it (at least I think there is)

Question is, does the high slightly outrun the low moving E-ENE?  In the 12Z GFS, it appeared the high was a bit too slow, enabling the system to go well to our north, whereas earlier the GFS was more favorable in terms of that cold high getting in here in time.

Archived