joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like a few inches better than 0.  Yeah, it sucks comparable to what happens, but I like to see snow than see cold and dry

Pity snow can go eff itself at this point. Might as well zero out and set up the most absurd snow discrepancy imaginable between here and SNE. If we are going to suffer through such a crap year, might as well be historically crappy.

I like a few inches better than 0.  Yeah, it sucks comparable to what happens, but I like to see snow than see cold and dry

Pretty well took the words out of my mouth!  Better than cold/dry and far better than yet another in the countless chain of cold/rain events we've had.  I like having winter look somewhat "wintry" at least.

Yeah, that's not the best thing to hang one's hat on.  Might as well hope for the Chattanooga Choo-Choo (actually that would be a good location!)!  We would really need that trough/vortex to dive almost due south in order for the surface reflection and dynamics to give us much hope.  Oh well, we'll see I guess.

Right.  That's what I was trying to convey.  Don't hold your breath on that track.  

Right.  That's what I was trying to convey.  Don't hold your breath on that track.  

Very much agree.  Not holding my breath by any means, but I am watching with more than a wary eye.  It could still be interesting for a light event I think.  If anyone's expecting more than that, well, they're setting up for disappointment.

Times like this it's good to have lost all hope

I honestly thought back in December we would get at least one decent snow this year...but this winter smelled early on to me that's why I said winter had showed it's hand back then and to stop chasing patterns and hope for a surprise. So far the only surprise has been a turd in the punch bowl :(

how much does NYC have this year? I think its more of a gut kick for them because Boston is so close to them and have like 3 times more snow?

NYC has had snow on the ground for weeks... Philly is where it's a real gut punch. Especially after getting 68" last year.

23 is good but compared to Boston it has to be a gut punch. Most of your snow came from a storm that was a bust for you so it wasnt even enjoyable right?

Honestly the 12" I got out by LaGuardia wasn't all that enjoyable...it was quite frankly the most joyless snow I've ever been in...not sure because it was a bust or because it's not my house or maybe it was the wind...the snow literally fell sideways the whole night...it was never deep anywhere

Archived