SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even close. Their last 21 days ending this Friday will make 09/10 look like a mini storm.

I don't know if that's completely accurate. Lost in the two big blizzards was the number of small overperformers we had leading up to the two big storms. It seemed like there were several small storms that came through and dumped anywhere from 3-6 inches or so, and they basically all overperformed. I think Boston is around 60-70 inches right now. Between the two blizzards and those two storms, at least IMBY, we were very close. I had 38 from the first one and close to 2 feet from the second one, plus a bunch of the smaller storms. Not to mention we got the December blizzard too. That said, they have a chance to eclipse our entire winter rather easily if this pattern continues for the next month or so.

I don't know if that's completely accurate. Lost in the two big blizzards was the number of small overperformers we had leading up to the two big storms. It seemed like there were several small storms that came through and dumped anywhere from 3-6 inches or so, and they basically all overperformed. I think Boston is around 60-70 inches right now. Between the two blizzards and those two storms, at least IMBY, we were very close. I had 38 from the first one and close to 2 feet from the second one, plus a bunch of the smaller storms. Not to mention we got the December blizzard too. That said, they have a chance to eclipse our entire winter rather easily if this pattern continues for the next month or so.

I had 94" that entire winter. Even Boston itself and that is measured at Logan which is like DCA will probably be at 85" by this Friday. They have 64" in the past 17 days and it is still snowing heavy there now. Places like Worcester will be over 100" in 21 days not an entire winter like we had. It is just remarkable.

the new pattern requires us to first endure 2 clippers

that's what I said in the old thread and still holds true

the models last night started to make the clippers at least a little more promising for us last night

Kinda makes sense for a new low to develop along the coastal waters to our SE along the edge of the arctic air, esp given how cold and snow covered it is north of here. I'm just being a weenie, we all know it will get going east of Jersey and crush SNE.

I had 94" that entire winter. Even Boston itself and that is measured at Logan which is like DCA will probably be at 85" by this Friday. They have 64" in the past 17 days and it is still snowing heavy there now. Places like Worcester will be over 100" in 21 days not an entire winter like we had. It is just remarkable.

I agree. I cant recall anyone on the east coast getting hit the way they are right now. I said in the model thread about 2 weeks ago if the GFS verifies with the number of storms it had for Boston. It would be epic. And it looks like it is going to verify. Really an unbelievable few weeks for them.

it might...it's still a week+ out...If I had to wager, I'd wager that I have <2" in my backyard over the next 10 days

yes.  and what is interesting is the precip left behind after main low goes north..maybe could set up overrunning...at least there is cold nearby...doesn't mean much if we can't get it here but better than being shut out completely

Archived