joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valentines day. GFS is a cold powder .20-.40. Inverted trough but the slp from the clipper jumps to central va and off the coast. Dropping down from detroit should raise some big flags though.

moderate snow with daytime high of zero is a pretty good red flag to raise

Valentines day. GFS is a cold powder .20-.40. Inverted trough but the slp from the clipper jumps to central va and off the coast. Dropping down from detroit should raise some big flags though.

any model that shows us getting snow this winter should raise flags when you come down to it      lol

If I had to guess at surface temps on the 15th - I'd expect about 7 degrees for a low. Yawn. Not even any wind. Next. I can't see why that's even worth mentioning, pretty pedestrian cold. I could walk with a tshirt on in the weather that map shows with no problemo. Mid single numbers for a low temp is springlike in Feb. Now the cold up toward Scumston in Massachumpsetts, may be worth mentioning though.

Now Jay Peak, I can find decent cold up there, I'd enjoy a leisurely jebwalk in their Siberian high conditions. Jay knows snow and they KNOW skiing, they were all raised Jay :)

Complicated evolution but really nice to see h5 look like the gfs. @ 138 the vort is closed over michigan. Then some sort of weird double low. First one pops off the coast with a second low over PA. Very energetic in the upper levels. Not common for our area but interesting to see how it evolves. I mean, it's trending south as we move forward. That is NOT the seasonal trend we've been in the last couple weeks.

Archived