• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid FEB through March Threats/Snow Storms

mitchnick

23 is good but compared to Boston it has to be a gut punch. Most of your snow came from a storm that was a bust for you so it wasnt even enjoyable right?

NYC and Boston aren't even in the same league.... NYC has more in common with Leesburg climo than with Hartford, let alone Boston.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bob i am still seeing mixed solutions for next week but more surpressed than what 12z GFS showed

All over the place with timing and track. I will say the majority are cold. Even the ones that track overhead or west have a decent antecedent airmass before any mixing occurs. GEFS are mixed as well. Op solution don't have a lot of use right now that far out.

There's really no sense in thinking too much about it. At least specifics anyways. We're in the game at least.

THE OFFICIAL 8-14 DAY HEIGHT PROG CONSISTS OF: 10% OF TODAY'S OPERATIONAL 0Z
GFS CENTERED ON DAY 11, 10% OF TODAY'S OPERATIONAL 6Z GFS CENTERED ON DAY 11,
10% OF TODAY'S 0Z GFS ENSEMBLE MEAN CENTERED ON DAY 11, 10% OF TODAY'S 6Z GFS
ENSEMBLE MEAN CENTERED ON DAY 11, 40% OF TODAY'S GFS SUPERENSEMBLE MEAN
CENTERED ON DAY 11, 10% OF TODAY'S 0Z EUROPEAN ENSEMBLE MEAN CENTERED ON DAY
11, AND 10% OF TODAY'S 0Z CANADIAN ENSEMBLE MEAN CENTERED ON DAY 11

CPC has lost confidence in the ECMWF.  Wasn't it just a few weeks ago when seemingly every forecast included 40-50% of the Euro ensemble mean.

Anyhow, the forecast itself calls for below normal temperatures and average(6-10 day) and above-average (8-14 day) precipitation.  Will all of it be cold rain ... only time willl tell.  

I'm going all in on Saturday

As it stands right now, there's not a lot of upside above 2" or so unless there's a good shift with the vort track and slp placement. That's a lot to ask with the track dropping in from MI. We need it to be like 3 states west. lol

A cold 1-2" event followed by a very cold and windy day is fine by me. I'll enjoy it if it happens while everyone else complains.

As it stands right now, there's not a lot of upside above 2" or so unless there's a good shift with the vort track and slp placement. That's a lot to ask with the track dropping in from MI. We need it to be like 3 states west. lol

A cold 1-2" event followed by a very cold and windy day is fine by me. I'll enjoy it if it happens while everyone else complains.

Cue the, ratios will save us talk

1-2" of cold powder would make for a perfect Saturday afternoon. Hopeful that by that time we're tracking something / anything that would give us all some WSW love. Just need lady luck to visit. I know. Preaching to the choir.

3 states west and maybe a state and a half or 2 states south would help too.

Archived