joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you are on the zoomed in local radar...you over to the tab that says "more local images" and scroll all the way down to "correlation Coefficient Tilt 1" and that will give you the typical pink images with the sleet line.

Perfect, thanks. Snow growth starting to falter a bit here but still very impressive. 9"?

RGEM was too robust with the warming.   Euro was much better.  New RGEM is more reflective of ground truth.

Compromise between the two was a good way to go from 36 hours out. Euro was still a bit too cold...though it was pretty accurate for yesterday's 12z run at the 24 hour mark.

Is this the dryslot moving in?  TAN reporting no precip.  Or is the sensor frozen?

SPECI KTAN 021558Z AUTO VRB05G16KT 2SM UP BR BKN008 OVC012 00/M01 A2955 RMK AO2 UPB54SNE54 CIG 006V010 P0001 T00001011

No they are reporting "UP"...which is unknown precip. ASOS often does this when sleet is falling.

Man, that BOS-ORH corridor and just north is getting wrecked...it's been like 3-4 straight hours of 1/4 SN+ obs. That enhancement north of the 850 front is paying off.

The slope of the isentropic surfaces are pretty awesome. Parcels taking a ride from near the surface at ACK to 800 mb by the time they reach ORH.

I'm somewhat impressed with the way round 2 looks right now down to the southwest in the Delmarva and Mid-Atlantic...given that the sleet line is already collapsing back SE...there could be some nice bonus snows for many...esp in eastern areas where the backlash should be heaviest. I wonder if BOS can end with over 12". Seems like a very good possibility.

I'm somewhat impressed with the way round 2 looks right now down to the southwest in the Delmarva and Mid-Atlantic...given that the sleet line is already collapsing back SE...there could be some nice bonus snows for many...esp in eastern areas where the backlash should be heaviest. I wonder if BOS can end with over 12". Seems like a very good possibility.

I'd hang my hat on BOS going over 12".

My neighborhood has over 9" at this point... I'm watching the tires on my neighbor's car disappear (pretty drift-shielded where it's at).

Still just dumping. Radar has promise. HRR looks okay for snow through sundown.

Archived