Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved that storm. 

Yes, and the 12-day period that it kicked off!

That event sort of fell off the edge of the world for awhile, then I recall the Thursday right before it crept back north, and started to look like more than a few flakes by sometime that Friday (this was a Saturday event).  I got 6.3" from that one, pure cold powder!

I loved that storm. 

yes it was about the perfect mid-sized event around here.

The precip shield is very different.  Remember.....we had to will that precip north.

well the models are different today than they were in 2010.. there are some differences to the overall pattern but if you look at the good runs vs what happened then the vort over the eastern US does much the same thing. also that event initially hit us then disappeared south then crept back in the last 1-2 days mainly.

I thought about that too, but that surface low really popped south.

CIPS analogs have 2/13/07 in there.  LOL.

Here's 0z GFS centered before the storm .. 12z should be out soon. First wasn't any good at DC. ;)

YHu1ItH.gif

the philly board is dead . Thats really why he is here

Not true. Ji we used to chat on AIM 15 years ago buddy. I always had a warm spot for the M.A crew since wright-weather days. I post on phillywx.com for my philly fill...I just like the vibe and knowledge of this board. For the most part DC/Philly need the same setup for snowstorms. 

That one was a beaut.   Got upgraded mid storm and got like 6"

I was at a birthday party @ my son's friends house. All the adults sat in the great room drinking beer while watching heavy pillows pile up. Wife was DD and we drove home with temps in the teens and snow dumping. I love some cold powder and I'm praying I see a bunch of it sunday night. 

Archived