joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know the risks. There are plenty. But the 12z suite trended away from a rain event (except for the GGEM) and towards a light snow event. Now 12 hours later the first global of the suite says maybe. 12z jma might score the coup. haha

I guess it could cut but in the pattern advertised I kind of doubt it. But the GFS is probably fairly close to a top end scenario unless we dive wischasty.  It's not perfect but it's a really good pattern. My "pessimism" earlier was more if we didn't score in this period.. we could certainly score in this period.

I guess it could cut but in the pattern advertised I kind of doubt it. But the GFS is probably fairly close to a top end scenario unless we dive wischasty.  It's not perfect but it's a really good pattern. My "pessimism" earlier was more if we didn't score in this period.. we could certainly score in this period.

I thought it had a good overrunning look with the 12z suite. It's a ns vort mostly but absconds some ss energy. GFS was a perfect scenario and we know how that goes @ 90+ hours. I said earlier that it could easily be a 2-4" overrunning scenario. I'll stick with that but there's some upside if things play out right. Sure looks like we get "some" snow. I'd be a little surprised at a complete shutout at this point. 

I thought it had a good overrunning look with the 12z suite. It's a ns vort mostly but absconds some ss energy. GFS was a perfect scenario and we know how that goes @ 90+ hours. I said earlier that it could easily be a 2-4" overrunning scenario. I'll stick with that but there's some upside if things play out right. Sure looks like we get "some" snow. I'd be a little surprised at a complete shutout at this point. 

Like you said earlier. More worried about it getting squashed than anything else.

Scoring in our best Modeled period would do well for sanity sake around here....with that modeled look, a cut West seems like the least likely outcome (though definitely possible) I'd worry more about a track overhead and a flip in precip type, or a sheard out POS that misses South. Reasonable expectations need to be kept throughout this subforum

I don't want to dash anyone's hopes but it is 4 days away. Lots can and will happen in the models between now and then. I'm excited but as NY and NJ it all looked great then came the shift. Hope to see all the guidance come on board before I start alerting officials of something significant

You guys have GGEM beyond 72 hours? @ 72 hours I could tell it wasn't going to be as amped as 12z. 

yes....it is way way better than 12z....instead of a 992mb low over Cleveland it passes over us.....we get thumped good...probably 4-6" before the flip, but huge trend toward the southern solutions..

AmWx model site uploads it pretty fast with a modern-day color scheme. It's a good run..would be a decent CAD set-up with re high to the N and the NE surface winds during the transfer.

Its also a bit slower than the GFS it would appear and we go from thump to heavy wet snow at 114... its barely a snow sounding at 114, but its a pasting 108-114

Its a 6-10 for N VA and north

Archived