joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It tries to turn the corner but can't.....low ambles off Hatteras and it is wide right for 40N....fortunately...we get the overrunning.....still probably 0.25" QPF....it isn't a dud....just not the bomb we are hoping for.....

it's totally unacceptable.

It tries to turn the corner but can't.....low ambles off Hatteras and it is wide right for 40N....fortunately...we get the overrunning.....still probably 0.25" QPF....it isn't a dud....just not the bomb we are hoping for.....

You get almost .40. Probably .35 or so. Widespread 2-4" event and really close to being better. 0z has been kind to us.

You get almost .40. Probably .35 or so. Widespread 2-4" event and really close to being better. 0z has been kind to us.

yes....It is definitely not a dud...it's just not there yet......We don't even really have goalposts yet.....hopefully those will come in the next 48 hours.....I think a full blown lakes cutter is unlikely...otherwise I think an array of options are on the table....We have a much bigger margin of error in terms of pattern/climo than we have had, to get a 2-4"+ event....

No doubt. Its a cold snow event that could be high ratio. Dc would get 4+. There's a .50 stripe just south.

This isn't just a ns moisture starved clipper either. I love where we sit right now.

I'm surprised and pleased by the QPF....I'm not seeing those amounts on either of my maps, but WB is higher res....

yes....It is definitely not a dud...it's just not there yet......We don't even really have goalposts yet.....hopefully those will come in the next 48 hours.....I think a full blown lakes cutter is unlikely...otherwise I think an array of options are on the table....We have a much bigger margin of error in terms of pattern/climo than we have had, to get a 2-4"+ event....

Looking at 96-102 it has that overunning feel. 2-4/3-5 without freeking out over development and track. Just a slug moving over top with cold air in place. I'm kinda feelin it. We haven't seen it for years but this could be one of those events we just watch radar and wait for the goods. No mountain larceny or ptype issues.

Looking at 96-102 it has that overunning feel. 2-4/3-5 without freeking out over development and track. Just a slug moving over top with cold air in place. I'm kinda feelin it. We haven't seen it for years but this could be one of those events we just watch radar and wait for the goods. No mountain larceny or ptype issues.

I've been feeling it too..I think most of us are....sometimes it actually does snow here and this is going to be one of those times....

Archived