joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weathertrends360.com is currently (9:30 AM on Jan 29th) forecasting the following amounts of snow for Feb 1st and 2nd, respectively:

Dulles: 1.94 + 7.31 = 9.25 inches total

Baltimore:  1.32 + 9.27 = 10.59 inches total

Washington: 2.00+14.34 = 16.34 inches total

What is their track record? Are they always bullish like that?

I actually like Highzenberg.  He just wants someone in the region to win.

I do too, always have even when people used to pick with him here.  I'd much rather him here than someone 25 miles from philly.

But anyway...NAM looks sort less amped than 6z, but this can be good.  That cold/confluence up north means bidness...I think the idea of a cutter is greatly reduced.

Nam has closed slp over tn/ky border at the end of the run but confluence would likely keep it below us (extrapolation at its best)

Was thinking the same, and it is less extrapolation when you already have another run kind of showing that (GFS).  My question, what are the analogs for this?  I can't pick off a surface low tracking west to east sliding south of us.

The NAM extrapolation game is looking great. It would be an ideal setup for 6+ area wide.

yeah, I think once it gets closer to the coast, we'd see a storm develop better

you can already see on the 84 hr. radar sim some convective stuff starting to develop and train north right off the coast of NC

Does anyone here feel like this might turn into a big event?  I feel like it might.  

Of course, I'm the one who thought last Friday night was gonna turn out snowier.

This one is interacting with the southern stream. It definitely has a chance to be juicy. Could be decent even if we don't get a closed circ to help out. 

Archived