• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Shocked to wake up and look outside........ And see about maybe 6" of snow eyeballing it.... Really really disappointed. Looks like about 3" fell from when I fell asleep at 11pm till now. Super unexpected and way below expectation. Looks like that mega band must have sat over just west of me (near New London) cause I'm really shocked at how little we have. I just had a feeling we werent gonna get hit here as bad and I was right.

Your area has been in a subsidence zone for most of the night unfortunately :(

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

395/290-495 FTW!!!!

That BOX map is a joke for out here.  I'm hoping I might reach 5"--I'm not sure if that's possible given radar.

Winter has now dropped to a D- here in GC.  LOL

Time to start cutting losses. BOX and OKX need to update snowfall amounts on the NW side. OKX is still riding 18-24" for the city.

Time to start cutting losses. BOX and OKX need to update snowfall amounts on the NW side. OKX is still riding 18-24" for the city.

I agree, I am just SW of the city across from Staten Island in Middlesex County NJ and we have about 6.0" of snow, the Philadelphia/Mt.Holly office canceled the Blizzard Warning for us and put us under a Winter Storm Warning until 3pm today for 4"-8" of snow although we might do a little better then that if snow continues through the morning but not the original 18"-24" we were expecting.

This one stings really bad. I've had busts as a kid but this one is prob an all timer for me considering how bad life sucks with my dad not doing well. I hope all the mets out there who forecasted insane amounts based off the euro and euro alone, ok aside from two nam runs....realize what went wrong and can apply it to future systems. Meteorology not Modelogy. One thing is for sure, the king is no longer the king. It got schooled by the "lesser" guidance. 

Archived