SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't watched TWC in ages. Lots of boner commercials, and cruise ship commercials. Not what I remember growing up.

I think steve/kev up to will/ray roughly is the max area. That band is persistent, the rest of us are dicking around in and out of the worst. The menace associated with the m/l to my south is struggling to pivot up and is beginning to suffer from shrinkage.

I'm guessing the end game here will be 15-20"?

That area may be a max by 12z but it snows right through the evening there so you play catch up and may exceed in spots.

Thanks.  I suspect to the south that is also some type of contamination - it isn't making steady progress.  It's almost spiraling kind of in place.

Well it's more or less hitting a wall. You'll definitely see mixing in the warm conveyor, but intense lift within it probably tends to erase that warmth pretty quickly.

Was wondering same about TWC and NYC... It's like they are on De Blasio's payroll

Fookin 8 inch storm, give it up already, it was a horrible bust.

Not sure we hit 20 here in Boston suburbs unless the heavier echoes over the islands swing through or the deformation band is sustained as this pulls east, which 6z NAM seems to do

That area may be a max by 12z but it snows right through the evening there so you play catch up and may exceed in spots.

Yeah - if we can keep it snowing tomorrow we'll clean up.  There's a lot of snow here, saw 13" in Sandwich I'd say 12-18" in this area already.  It's blowing 50 I'm not going out there!

Well it's more or less hitting a wall. You'll definitely see mixing in the warm conveyor, but intense lift within it probably tends to erase that warmth pretty quickly.

Yes, it looks like as it's pivoting on the w/v and radar it's expanding.   

High tide in East bay Grill on TWC lol

Hope the poster from NC is getting good footage at an exposed locale

He should go down the road 2 miles to the old Burts.   The restaurant has an enormous boulder in the MIDDLE of it...got tossed in there from 1978 they left it as a reminder.  Seidel would be crying ...rocks the size of grapefruits routinely flying through the air.

Yeah - if we can keep it snowing tomorrow we'll clean up.  There's a lot of snow here, saw 13" in Sandwich I'd say 12-18" in this area already.  It's blowing 50 I'm not going out there!

Yes, it looks like as it's pivoting on the w/v and radar it's expanding.   

He should go down the road 2 miles to the old Burts.   The restaurant has an enormous boulder in the MIDDLE of it...got tossed in there from 1978 they left it as a reminder.  Seidel would be crying ...rocks the size of grapefruits routinely flying through the air.

That is awesome...i need to go there.

One more for the storm chaser types.   There's no better - but not really "safe" spot that the tv stations don't seem to remote at all, ever....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qmuFoIpYU0

Check out that footage too.  It's right off 3a.  But you've got to be careful because you will destroy your car.  Some TV station some day will get award winning footage there instead of the same stupid shots of the bridges.

Archived