• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Lots of lightning showing up east of ACK in the warm conveyor.

Yeah...do you see any signs of sleet approaching the upper cape?  That looks like just epic snows.  I can't see any hints around the Vineyard of that being anything but blinding snow?

Meanwhile power was just out again and I just heard a massive boom from some large tree biting the dust.   Also appears part of my house just pulled a wizard of oz.

This may be approaching the worst.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...do you see any signs of sleet approaching the upper cape?  That looks like just epic snows.  I can't see any hints around the Vineyard of that being anything but blinding snow?

Meanwhile power was just out again and I just heard a massive boom from some large tree biting the dust.   Also appears part of my house just pulled a wizard of oz.

This may be approaching the worst.

Warm air aloft is approaching ACK now, but there are pockets of reduced CC crossing the Cape that indicate some sleet/graupel may be mixing in at times.

Looking at the last hour, looks like the band has Finally Officially set up shop from New London to Worcester to extreme SE New Hampshire. PVD to BOS in the hole, SE of that is the other juice. PVD to Me to BOS 25 miles in the wrong direction on either side. Off to bed.

As if I need proof of my post. RI Snow hole again. AGAIN -

post-2792-0-48582200-1422349494_thumb.jp

Even though we're supposedly in the "screwzone" it's still pretty epic outside. Visibility one tenth of a mile or so with SN+ and blizzard conditions. No way to even estimate a total there's 5' drifts and bare spots next to each other. 

I'd guess it's a 12-15" average at this point? Who the heck knows, but what I do know is that it's an awesome storm.

Even though we're supposedly in the "screwzone" it's still pretty epic outside. Visibility one tenth of a mile or so with SN+ and blizzard conditions. No way to even estimate a total there's 5' drifts and bare spots next to each other. 

I'd guess it's a 12-15" average at this point? Who the heck knows, but what I do know is that it's an awesome storm.

Where are you located in Boston?

I'm just a few miles west of downtown

RGEM nailed these 2 intense bands over Lowell down to central CT and second over southeast MA with relative minimum over Boston metro... visibilities have been lighter for past few hours

RGEM nailed these 2 intense bands over Lowell down to central CT and second over southeast MA with relative minimum over Boston metro... visibilities have been lighter for past few hours

Visibility is still obscenely low here near logan. SN+. Weird.

See that slipstream graphic?  That was pretty cool.  Need that little bugger to the NE of the main low to die to make tomorrow more fun.

Why is the TWC still trying to sell heavy snow in NYC?

who knows, maybe bc they have a live reporter  still in  NE NJ , they should get him off the air, by the time the sun rises , so the bust isn't as evident

I'm south of you, right near Ruggles Station on the Orange line.

Haven't watched TWC in ages.  Lots of boner commercials, and cruise ship commercials.  Not what I remember growing up.

I think steve/kev up to will/ray roughly is the max area.   That band is persistent, the rest of us are dicking around in and out of the worst.  The menace associated with the m/l to my south is struggling to pivot up and is beginning to suffer from shrinkage.

I'm guessing the end game here will be 15-20"?

Archived