joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I "think" I heard a report of 35.7" in Westford. Not sure if it was an official report. Anyway, Congrats! I too exceeded Nemo by 6" so far.

That might be right. My sticks went away before that last band. Congrats to you as well. I went to school at UMass Lowell - been in this area ever since (15 years) - this is the biggest storm I've seen.

Official numbers for ORH in yet? NWS site still quotes the 25" numbers from 9.40 am.

Daily climate report is 28.4, plus 2.6 before midnight, total 31.0"

Today's precip report is 0.15, ratio is therefore 189.3 to 1 (!!)

Would be expecting that to be adjusted possibly, even 30 to 1 is very fluffy snow. The first 2.6" gave 0.13 which is a 20:1 ratio. Overall if the numbers are correct it would be (.28 --> 31.0 = 110.7 to 1 ratio)

That might be right. My sticks went away before that last band. Congrats to you as well. I went to school at UMass Lowell - been in this area ever since (15 years) - this is the biggest storm I've seen.

Lot's of UML/UL grads on this forum. I actually lived in the same house as HubbDave at the same time, yet didn't know him, lol. I graduated there in '93.

Daily climate report is 28.4, plus 2.6 before midnight, total 31.0"

Today's precip report is 0.15, ratio is therefore 189.3 to 1 (!!)

Would be expecting that to be adjusted possibly, even 30 to 1 is very fluffy snow. The first 2.6" gave 0.13 which is a 20:1 ratio. Overall if the numbers are correct it would be (.28/31.0 = 110.7 to 1 ratio)

That's pretty impressive, and exactly how much I measured at my place this evening.!

I caught up with that band rotting over me - Over 21" Now.  A Top 18 Storm All-Time.  Maybe with luck I can make a run a 2 Feet and become only the 10th Storm to do that All-Time.  

This is not even CLOSE to the Blizzard of 2013 for me as you guys have been talking about it.  23" OTG and 28" Total.  This is 18" OTG 21" Total.  

Archived