CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

43F.  I haven't dropped a degree in more than 3 hours.... and haven't seen so much as a sprinkle in that time either.  I'm glad.  Since we'll be dry tomorrow once it's somewhat colder, I hope we remain dry tonight.  Would be even worse to get some wet precip while the temps are a disgrace and then dry out as the cold(er) air moves in.  We can always count on dry here.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full.php band of rain forming over NC and S VA as the coastal develops. Soon that band will build northward and northeastward and steady rains will develop over us soon after midnight. Joy.

The rains will wash away the brine on the roads, then later tomorrow the snow will pile up all the faster on the roads.

oh wait! By then the coastal will have sucked away all the precip to lavish on New York and Boston

850's are like -2/-3C around DC, that will help.  Clipper has been crawling, I believe there is not a way to accurately predict what is going to happen next 3-9 hours. When the low does develop on the coast, there is solid high pressure to it's n/ne and it will not be able to just fly up the coast.

850's are like -2/-3C around DC, that will help.  Clipper has been crawling, I believe there is not a way to accurately predict what is going to happen next 3-9 hours. When the low does develop on the coast, there is solid high pressure to it's n/ne and it will not be able to just fly up the coast.

It's going to be interesting to see how fast the radar fills in as some of that clipper energy crosses the apps.  And I agree with the crawling comment.  Really taking its time.

Final call for DC proper (though I'll still update tomorrow). Confidence - LOW

The Skinny - Light rain/snow/sleet in the morning hours, tapering as we head toward lunch. Dusting to 1". Then a "warm" lull with light intermittent precip. Snow redevelops late afternoon/early evening and we drop to freezing or below. Goes into late evening or after midnight. 1-2"

Storm Total through Noon Tuesday.

Chance of no accumulation - 25%
Chance of at least a dusting but less than 1" - 75%
At least 1" - 50%
At least 2" - 35%
At least 3" - 20%
At least 4" - 10%

https://www.facebook.com/HeadfulOfSnow Final call for DC proper (though I'll still update tomorrow). Confidence - LOW The Skinny - Light rain/snow/sleet in the morning hours, tapering as we head toward lunch. Dusting to 1". Then a "warm" lull with light intermittent precip. Snow redevelops late afternoon/early evening and we drop to freezing or below. Goes into late evening or after midnight. 1-2" Storm Total through Noon Tuesday. Chance of no accumulation - 25% Chance of at least a dusting but less than 1" - 75% At least 1" - 50% At least 2" - 35% At least 3" - 20% At least 4" - 10%

Good forecast.  I like the term, "warm lull." 

Archived