joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3am temp is down to 40 degrees but the dewpoint is still 37. Resigned to a soaking rainfall this morning. Hoping to be thrown  a few scraps tonight of just enough pixie dust to coat the top of my car. This is mainly a rain event for Woodbridge. We might see a flurry tonight after much rain. Good luck to New York and Boston. Hating NY is not going to bring me one nanotechnological particle of snow, so good luck NYC and BOS. You're gonna get buried alive with no mercy by torrential snow driven by 60 mph wind gusts. We'll notify the National Guard to dig you out enough to rescue you from your houses lmao. I'll try not to drown in my back yard which is one big mud pit from what has been one of the rainiest Januarys in decades. After this "winter" is over with, we just might have to rewrite the record books after one hell of a RAINY low sun season. We got NO danger of a drought anytime soon.

All we ever wanted was a couple of inches of snow, in a place where a 4 inch snow is climo. Alberta clippers are supposed to bring snow. And what do WE get from this alberta clipper? MORE G-d Damned RAIN!!!!

Is an inch or two of darned snow THAT MUCH TO ASK?

3:30am and it's snowing pretty good in Parkville MD

Congrats :) Hopefully you get about 9 inches of snow!

Steady light rain and 40/38. Dews are rising steadily. lots mild air here.

EDIT - Wait just a minute! I just realized we have NE winds gusting to 12mph! The cold front is through Dale City!

2nd EDIT - 39/37, temps and dewpoints are dropping as cooler air advects in. Maybe I WILL get that coating of snow on the car top after all!

Balto city schools already opening 2 hrs late as now lol

sorry here is the link (i'm still learning lol)

WMAR Breaking News ‏@ABC2_ALERTS  17m

#Baltimore City Public Schools to open 2 hrs late today. Keep track of latest school closings/delays http://www.abc2news.com/school-closing 

Precipitation starting in Baltimore..cooled temps from 36 to 32 .. transport of cold air starting .. shown by small flakes @ABC2NEWS

Finally fell to 38 degrees. Dewpoint is also 38 degrees. Wind just gusted to NE 8, but these temps are falling very very very slowly. Steady rain continues, moderate at times. We dont need a winter weather advisory, we arent going to get snow, NWS should post a flood watch for most of Virginia lmao. Soil is saturated and much more rain is on the way through Tuesday morning for our entire region.

B-dubs snow since 4:23:

KBWI 260954Z 06013KT 1 1/2SM -SN BR BKN008 OVC019 01/M01 A2983 RMK AO2 RAE23SNB23 SLP102 P0001 T00061011
KBWI 260946Z 06015KT 2SM -SN BR BKN008 OVC017 01/M01 A2983 RMK AO2 RAE23SNB23 P0001
KBWI 260923Z 06013KT 3SM -SN BR BKN008 OVC017 01/00 A2984 RMK AO2 RAE23SNB23 P0001

Archived