• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Mauler Thread #2

DDweatherman

We've been off the rails for a while now. Some just liked to note that the train was still upright.

I just can't give up now for some reason even though everything tells me I should. HRRR still likes a good batch pre dawn.. tho temps are torchy till precip takes over. I even clicked to look at the RGEM graphics not revamped since 1934.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM is consistent run to run -- a slight trend colder and drier.  DC ends up on the cold side of the rain / snow line for more of the event in the latest run.

HRRR has shifted closer to NAM / Euro, showing the initial precip tonight holding north of DC.

I'm expecting 3-5" and some good snow TV around here.  Although we won't get the historic event Boston and/or NYC will get, it's still fun to track. 

My goal is to find some sort of enjoyment out of the event. I knew it would be bad yesterday but if it ends up rain to not a single sticking flake I'll be pissed. Staring at completely brown and wet grass while a historic blizzard is taking place within a half day drive just won't sit right. I can squint and pretend 1" is 1' at least.

I just want OPM to freak out like the school districts always do and close. That's almost certainly asking too much right now. It feels like we need a miracle lol. 

I don't think OPM will close or anything special. The OPM regime under the current director has been very conservative.

HRRRRRRRRR sim radar at 11z tomorrow shows pretty decent batch coming in from W/SW

I was just excited about the same thing, but HRRR hasn't been great with the clippers or timing so far this winter.

On the positive side, the 850 temps never drop below freezing from NOVA north and the surface temps are crashing towards freezing from 12-16 hours. 

My goal is to find some sort of enjoyment out of the event. I knew it would be bad yesterday but if it ends up rain to not a single sticking flake I'll be pissed. Staring at completely brown and wet grass while a historic blizzard is taking place within a half day drive just won't sit right. I can squint and pretend 1" is 1' at least.

Half day drive....speed up grandma....king bed six pillows and free breakfast...come on up

Archived