joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Mauler Thread #2

DDweatherman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the website is starting to speed up now. It really is hard to believe that at short range we went from a MA cold powder special to a SNE HECS where we probably get shafted. I don't think I can look at Miller Bs the same anymore. I didn't know this is what they did to y'all when I was in NE.

I think this is an extreme case (esp Euro scenario) but yeah, perfect example of why we aren't very fond of Miller Bs in general.

Hopefully the website is starting to speed up now. It really is hard to believe that at short range we went from a MA cold powder special to a SNE HECS where we probably get shafted. I don't think I can look at Miller Bs the same anymore. I didn't know this is what they did to y'all when I was in NE."

We wanted it to go south...and it did, and it became more powerful than we wanted it too.

"Be careful what you wish for."

Hopefully the website is starting to speed up now. It really is hard to believe that at short range we went from a MA cold powder special to a SNE HECS where we probably get shafted. I don't think I can look at Miller Bs the same anymore. I didn't know this is what they did to y'all when I was in NE.

Bingo. The hardest part for me is that we were bullseyed for a DC-Baltimore cold powder mega-clipper less than 48 hours ago. Now were begging for a pity inch or two while 150 miles away will be getting raked.

Welcome to Miller Bs in the DC area.

My point and click just went up to 6-9. I really dont know what they are looking at with those numbers.

They are just way out in left field.  Honestly, I don't think I see even 1 inch here.  I'd be shocked if I got 2.  We are going to waste the bulk of the precip tonight, and nothing is sticking during daylight hours tomorrow.

Like I said, you will always remember your first...

isn't that still a moderate snow for a lot of northern md?

4" was my bar ever since it was a small DC clipper and it's still my bar today.

I'm a little skeptical based on past storms and can easily see this being a bust. Hopefully Philly won't get 20"+ if we are completely skunked.

4" was my bar ever since it was a small DC clipper and it's still my bar today.

I'm a little skeptical based on past storms and can easily see this being a bust. Hopefully Philly won't get 20"+ if we are completely skunked.

I don't know nothing about nothing but the evolution on the models seem odd. They show the dryslot clearing NYC and then all the sudden bands backing down into Delmarva... The bust potential is so high in Philly.... This would be their boxing day

1) We were bullseyed, and now we're begging for scraps

2) I couldn't give two sh**s about northern Maryland if it's not snowing in my back yard

we were bullseyed 2-3 days out.  putting your hopes on that is a recipe for a letdown.  i don't think this was ever modeled to be a big storm for us even when we were in the max.

Light rain starting north of Westminster, temp at 37.6 and dropping. +20 DBZ returns inbound and expect to turn to sleet or snow soon. Reports of sleet about 10 miles to the west.

Thanks for that ob... There is another thread for that but it is comforting to hear about sleet out west.

Archived