• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Mauler Thread #2

DDweatherman

Models never do well with fast progressive flow and tightly spaced shortwaves and they won't for years to come.

True. And you can't say that it is a lock that PHL and NYC will get clocked. Yeah. Good snow but maybe not so epic. Who knows. This has been a frustrating few days. But you nailed it Bob, a few days ago. We lose moisture on the front end and then, on the back, maybe get thrown a few scraps.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Models never do well with fast progressive flow and tightly spaced shortwaves and they won't for years to come. 

And that's pretty sad. This whole season has been a loss as far as the models have been concerned. Overall they have performed poorly. A few bright spots do not erase the lousy forecasting, the always "10 days away", the 24 hour forecast that changes 180 degrees in 12 hours.

But to stay on topic, do we get wrap around love in 24 hours? We know historically we do poorly in these situations and yet we hug the models that show it. While not out of the question (the models do show realistic scenarios) it is not likely. I hope for the 1 to 2 inches tomorrow evening when the temps are forecast to drop low enough for stickage, but know in my heart this is a long shot.

I got bad news. It's raining at 1000 ft 5 miles south of the pa line right now. We have a looooong way to go :(

I gave up earlier today. Yesterday when things started to shift I thought we were still good, but I've basically checked out now. Acceptance stage and all that. Little bit of anger, too.

I'm not going to say that I hope you guys do well, but I'm not going to root against you (I don't think). Whatever. Onto the next scroogie!

I wish we could just get the old solution back: A nice straightforward alberta clipper that gives us a couple inches of snow. Thats all I ever wanted. But what we do get is another soaker overnight and then we beg for scraps on Monday and Monday night.

My back yard is a quagmire. It collects water so easily. Tonight's rainfall will only add insult to injury. I'm a pretty good beggar, I live on the tropical fall line, I've been beggin' for snow here for 40 years. Maybe if I beg and grovel and scrape long enough and hard enough, I can manage a cartop coating of slop by Tuesday morning.

You can see the precip shut off over us as the coastal gets going in the last few frames (the precip really blossoms offshore).

Archived