Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Mauler Thread #2

DDweatherman

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its mostly very light. 

At this point I'm just happy to have what the HRRR is showing. A nice 2-3 inches area wide is what we all said we'd be happy with for the clipper, and those totals are just running through midday tomorrow.

The 2m and 925 temps are definitely marginal, but the 850s are quite cold. Hopefully we can get a surprise and cool down faster than expected. 

At this point I'm just happy to not be looking at a map that says zero inc

from LWX's Facebook page:

311328_209863705747120_1484843296_n.jpg?

US National Weather Service Baltimore/Washington Where heavier snow bands develop, there will be 6-10 inches of snow. Outside of heavier bands, expect 2-5 inches of snow. The best chance for heavier bands is west of the Blue Ridge Mountains and north of Interstate 66.

Obviously I hope they are right. But it would be nice to see 6-10 on some kind of guidance.

from LWX's Facebook page:

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-1/c2.2.29.29/p34x34/311328_209863705747120_1484843296_n.jpg?oh=1f448ddbe7d83b779311453b7e2500e1&oe=55669F14

__gda__=1432091204_25d9722f869b70cc9ecb1e47cf495689

US National Weather Service Baltimore/Washington Where heavier snow bands develop, there will be 6-10 inches of snow. Outside of heavier bands, expect 2-5 inches of snow. The best chance for heavier bands is west of the Blue Ridge Mountainsand north of Interstate 66.

Will is a word never to use when it comes to future snow.

I expect the euro will look different than the american models...lol

The western burbs could do ok tomorrow morning if the initial slug really generates some momentum...once we hit midday we probably all lull or semi-lull and warm...2nd round is still interesting, esp for western burbs..I imagine the euro will be more wrapped up and more coastal influence here...not sure what that will mean for afternoon/evening enhancement

I expect the euro will look different than the american models...lol

The western burbs could do ok tomorrow morning if the initial slug really generates some momentum...once we hit midday we probably all lull or semi-lull and warm...2nd round is still interesting, esp for western burbs..I imagine the euro will be more wrapped up and more coastal influence here...not sure what that will mean for afternoon/evening enhancement

I am wondering how far west we can get the coastal influence... some bands would be nice to see.  The EURO will probably pique our interest IMO

NAM and RGEM now in broad agreement about where the dry slot is going to be, just a slight disagreement about how dry it will be. RGEM is wetter than the NAM but drier than its previous runs.

VkzqQMn.png

The dry slot is just dry... It is where the precip ends/ cuts off. It is never wet.

Archived