• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
1/25-1/27 Mauler Thread #2

DDweatherman

I have my first day tomorrow. Anyone think the govt will be off tomorrow? Or should I plan on work tomorrow, off Tuesday?

Depends which "gov't" you work for.  DC-area?  NSA?  Or elsewhere on Ft Meade?  CMS/SSA?

All tend to have different closing/delay criteria.  Though probably a better chance of something Tuesday.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am cautiously optimistic for some banding here on Monday night/Tues.   It would be the highlight of the entire storm, combined with some wind, if it happens....at any rate if I can get a solid 4 inch event for once this winter I will consider it a win.  Latest NAM/GFS models are encouraging at least.

I still think the initial band could be a good surprise. If that delivers then anything Mon. night and Tue. would make this a good event.

They're actually different models, one is run my NCEP and the other by ESRL.

ESRL also provides the operational NCEP RAP and HRRR with additional features. I have been wondering the same thing from the previous question.

Depends which "gov't" you work for. DC-area? NSA? Or elsewhere on Ft Meade? CMS/SSA?

All tend to have different closing/delay criteria. Though probably a better chance of something Tuesday.

DC area federal govt and yes I'm angling for my first weather related day off! already!!

Euro blah thru 30.. .1"is to 95 and west.

with the 850 Low in Ohio (of all places), I can see why

the models have sucked....period

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/cgi-bin/gen_grbcalc2.cgi?re=us&id=&zoom=.6&ti=0≥=1280x1024&mo=ecmwf≤=850&va=strm&in=2&pl=cf&ft=h24&cu=latest&overlay=no&mo=≤=&va=&in=&pl=ln&ft=h24&cu=latest

Archived