Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny no one has mentioned that ;)

every one is snarky lately, lots of egos on Twitter today. I am still pissed at NWS NYC for Sunday,Ryan nailed it as well as some here. This upcoming storm could be trouble for NWS too. Could be a rain to heavy flip causing big traffic issue's. If it stays as modeled I'd warn right to the coast regardless of criteria. The warning system is broken. DOT better be on the ball, weekend storms mean calling in OT help. Spend the money that you haven't had to use.

If the GFS is right, it's more concentrated further SE IMO. You aren't getting a ton of moisture advection when it's forced out in one area leaving a narrow CCB. But, that is only speaking of the GFS verbatim. 

Yeah was just throwing out some thoughts. It seems like when you're relying on the CCB you get a really narrow band of great stuff but outside of that it's more meh. 

Yes, it would be but between 00z and 03z it looks like you get one or two hundreths of an inch. That sounding is a bit misleading for ptype forecasting during the height of the storm.

I do agree tyhat someone gets croaked. Hopefully it's me but I'm not terribly optimistic.

there's a 6 hour period of isothermal snow

every one is snarky lately, lots of egos on Twitter today. I am still pissed at NWS NYC for Sunday,Ryan nailed it as well as some here. This upcoming storm could be trouble for NWS too. Could be a rain to heavy flip causing big traffic issue's. If it stays as modeled I'd warn right to the coast regardless of criteria. The warning system is broken. DOT better be on the ball, weekend storms mean calling in OT help. Spend the money that you haven't had to use.

This storm throws up red flags all over the place.  Right now, on models. it is "threading the needle".  But a lot can go wrong with this, even this close in.  Don't blame BOX for being conservative.  I see this as a no win for BOX.  They are going to have to put up warnings and there is probably going to be many that don't reaching criteria

This storm throws up red flags all over the place. Right now, on models. it is "threading the needle". But a lot can go wrong with this, even this close in. Don't blame BOX for being conservative. I see this as a no win for BOX. They are going to have to put up warnings and there is probably going to be many that don't reaching criteria

which is absolutely fine.

define "our"

lol

You are too far NW for much on the Canadian if that is what you are asking.

It just doesn't really go to town until more in the gulf of maine...still a decent CCB for E MA, but just not what we're looking for if we are trying for 6"+...its probably a lot of slop with like 3-5", though perhaps a narrow area from like Ray to ORH could get warning snows on that.

You are too far NW for much on the Canadian if that is what you are asking.

It just doesn't really go to town until more in the gulf of maine...still a decent CCB for E MA, but just not what we're looking for if we are trying for 6"+...its probably a lot of slop with like 3-5", though perhaps a narrow area from like Ray to ORH could get warning snows on that.

I would never ask about MBY!

In reality the Euro has been rock steady and it will probably win, although what you are describing about the GGEM is not unrealistic in this pattern I'd think

Archived