CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sucks about a setup like this is that It is hard to be confident when a small tick East and a small tick weaker makes a huge difference for some.

Definition of thread-the-needle...small ticks in strength/track have large implications for sensible wx. Compare that to some storms where a 30-40 mile track doesn't make that big of a difference...maybe puts a weenie deformation band over another town, but everyone still gets warning snowfall.

My big concern is this scoots further east than forecast and doesn't amplify fast enough in this progressive pattern. That's really been the worry since day 1. Hopefully it keeps looking positive.

Yep...I've always had the mindset in this system that there's more ways for this to go east than to go west. Some were worried about a trend too far NW yesterday...but the reality is that there really wasn't much room to go NW. It would take a perfect phase of energy which now looks very unlikely.

I'm not necessarily sold on a Kevin to Will jackpot I think it could be further east if the trends on today's modeling verifies.

Who really cares about who jackpots. That's not important. It's a region wide 4-8..Some see 4..some see 6.. some see 8..some lucky person sees 10. It's snow.. and it's the beginning of winter on Jan 24

Yep...I've always had the mindset in this system that there's more ways for this to go east than to go west. Some were worried about a trend too far NW yesterday...but the reality is that there really wasn't much room to go NW. It would take a perfect phase of energy which now looks very unlikely.

Well OTS isn't gonna happen, but a 30-50 mile wide shuffle as of yesterday was certainly there. I don't think there was the chance for this to go into PVD or anything. That 30-50 was and is critical, as well as intensity. 

That's true, but I spent the first 18 years of my life on the NJ shore. I can say with relative certainty that ground temps were very rarely cold enough to freeze rain, and when they were, the precip was usually snow. It's just a rare combo, is all. Not impossible, just extremely rare.

Hence the reason for the horrible accidents on the NJ turnpike etc...

Sorry. Posted on wrong page, moved here. 

Anyone risking snowfall maps at this point? Are they even worth it?

Have a wedding that day.... Taunton has me at 6-8. In the event it actually happened, when will it be hitting hardest?

http://www.weather.gov/box/stormtotalsnow

Is Monday looking more like the real deal?

Archived