• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

Yeah, there is no chance I am seeing ZR.

It's incredibly difficult for the coastal plain to get freezing rain for a sustained period of time... I see it forecast by models and worded into NWS forecasts substantially more often than I've actually encountered it in real life.

It's kind of like snow, in that regard.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GEM has backed off, and the 00z Euro was less robust than 12z, too. 

GFS is obviosuly more intense because it had cirrus yesterday.

Consensus is forming.

Well I hope noone was thinking the Euro with 12+ yesterday was right.

To me..this has always been  4-8 loll it 10 storm in area of "best snow"

It's incredibly difficult for the coastal plain to get freezing rain for a sustained period of time... I see it forecast by models and worded into NWS forecasts substantially more often than I've actually encountered it in real life.

Climo with that track argues anything but, lol. 

Euro looked a bit colder. But still not the full on phase we saw yesterday. This is turning into like a 8-10 hour quick hitter.

Still a decent event though for many on the 12 run. Probably high end advisory with low end warning stuff for ORH to LWM.

it only takes .005 to create havoc, ask the coastal areas from southern Ct to NJ

it only takes .005 to create havoc, ask the coastal areas from southern Ct to NJ

That's true, but I spent the first 18 years of my life on the NJ shore. I can say with relative certainty that ground temps were very rarely cold enough to freeze rain, and when they were, the precip was usually snow. It's just a rare combo, is all. Not impossible, just extremely rare.

Kind of a catch 22 here, but we'll need dynamics too. Lose that, and it's a sloppy slush cover. You don't want it too far east either. Thread the needle.

Yeah, unless this baby bombs out hard, it's tough for it to produce in a less than ideal setup. But I'm beating a dead horse; that's already been stated and stated hard.

It's relevant NOW because of what it may mean for what is arguably a more intriguing setup for Monday.

That's true, but I spent the first 18 years of my life on the NJ shore. I can say with relative certainty that ground temps were very rarely cold enough to freeze rain, and when they were, the precip was usually snow. It's just a rare combo, is all. Not impossible, just extremely rare.

NAM is on crack I guess, we'll yea I should have never posted that, what was I thinking. Save a horse ride the Euro

Archived