• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

Yes - some is - but if you look at the individual members the clustering is most impressive inside the benchmark. We'll see it looks like a fun storm nonetheless - just a few big caution flags for many of us outside of ORH and Litchfield Hills in SNE.

I still think I'd rather be 495 in MA to Ginxy line right now...there's a reasonable chance of getting fringed out in NW areas.

I agree there's taint concerns too, but the compact nature of this precip shield doesn't inspire visions of big CCB deformation snows out in the Berkshires with an ACK track. I still think that 495-Ginxy zone would get crushed even on an outer Cape track...they might have to deal with some taint for a time on the initial WCB push but then it crashes and goes nuts. Most of those tighter tracks look extremely dynamic.

Of course now having said that, this will track up Ray's fanny. :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think I'd rather be 495 in MA to Ginxy line right now...there's a reasonable chance of getting fringed out in NW areas.

I agree there's taint concerns too, but the compact nature of this precip shield doesn't inspire visions of big CCB deformation snows out in the Berkshires with an ACK track. I still think that 495-Ginxy zone would get crushed even on an outer Cape track...they might have to deal with some taint for a time on the initial WCB push but then it crashes and goes nuts. Most of those tighter tracks look extremely dynamic.

lol yeah - it will be a compact little nuke. Not a classic but could be really fun for a narrow band. 

I still think I'd rather be 495 in MA to Ginxy line right now...there's a reasonable chance of getting fringed out in NW areas.

I agree there's taint concerns too, but the compact nature of this precip shield doesn't inspire visions of big CCB deformation snows out in the Berkshires with an ACK track. I still think that 495-Ginxy zone would get crushed even on an outer Cape track...they might have to deal with some taint for a time on the initial WCB push but then it crashes and goes nuts. Most of those tighter tracks look extremely dynamic.

Gay to ORH to TOL is a good spot IMO. Nw up twds and past BDL might be the end of the good stuff

Dead zone discussion.

I sort of agree with its evolution on that run though.  Hope the storm spreads some love everywhere but especially hoping it works out for those SE New England folks who are often watching the rest of us snow.

Lol, I just wanted to say it, The american models are struggling

Lol, I just wanted to say it, The american models are struggling

:lol:  Yeah they are.  Its going to be pretty funny when the GFS falls on its face again.  Not even no precip, but its got under 30% RH at H85 and H7 over BDL and ORH, so maybe like a partly sunny day, haha.  Then there's the EURO that has 1.5" of QPF in that same axis.

f78.gif

It's actually done better than the euro with the two DC clippers.

Then it turns around and probably has another complete gag-job on a big east coast storm. Something about the GFS and east coast cyclogenesis.

We'll see if this one gets tossed into the bust bucket.

It's actually done better than the euro with the two DC clippers.

It actually was better in the last event up here than the EURO.  The EURO led the way with that system, but then close in verified a bit too amped and too wet with QPF.  The GFS was pretty good within 48 hours on that one.  But I think its wrong in this situation.  It may end up a compromise between GFS/ECM as usual though.

It actually was better in the last event up here than the EURO.  The EURO led the way with that system, but then close in verified a bit too amped and too wet with QPF.  The GFS was pretty good within 48 hours on that one.  But I think its wrong in this situation.  It may end up a compromise between GFS/ECM as usual though.

i am all in 18z NAVGEMS SH IT

Archived