joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its extremely tough especially after moving from just south of Buffalo,NY where the town I just moved from already has had over 150" this season...

That's totally insane! What a place you picked to move to! You're in the "snow hole" of new england. SE CT/SW RI is absolutely terrible for snow. Even Narragansett a few miles inland gets more snow since it catches more easterly storms that affect the cape. When you finally do get a storm, it will really drive you insane when points just north of you(north kingstown points north in RI) get snow and you end up turning to ice/mix crap. It's really really hard to get a all snow in that area. Huge difference between southern and northern half of RI

Nam is not very useful yet, The GFS, Is the one that needs to make a move here i would think at 0z, But even if it does not, Probably take that as a grain of salt as well as its late to the party and seems to have got worse since the upgrade, Really struggling with these coastal systems

A bit late, but the BOX AFD seems pretty meh

BOX AFD is much more wintry (snowier) than OKX is alluding to. BOX is stating that the max snowfall still looks somewhere near the i95 corridor or just a tad NW, while OKX is introducing rain/freezing rain/sleet for Saturday up through interior CT and Hudson valley and "will begin to down play the snow potential"

Not gonna happen. And besides you're using the nam beyond 2 hrs as proof? Seriously do you think cmc, euro, GEFS, eps, etc are out to lunch but the nam and gfs are leading the way?

Looks like a trend, but we'll see. Hopefully you guys can cash either way.

Archived