Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

GGEM likes metro boston down to interior SE mass for highest totals. 6-10"

Starting to think 12" will be the exception rather than the rule, if this does happen.

Reading SR post above,euro distribution does not sound all that different from the GGEM

Yeah, it's almost identical actually, perhaps an inch or two higher in spots.

post-8652-0-82843400-1421908751_thumb.gi

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM likes metro boston down to interior SE mass for highest totals. 6-10"

Starting to think 12" will be the exception rather than the rule, if this does happen.

Reading SR post above,euro distribution does not sound all that different from the GGEM

Just curious if you were actually thinking otherwise before 0z runs?

Looking at the 00Z run tonight versus 00z run last night the QPF over CT is nearly identical. This run was just a little bit warmer. It was not that bad of a run honestly and at least it didn't jump east, if anything ticked west. I don't know why some in the NYC forums saying the GFS won.

That's all you need to know. A hotbed of irrational posters over there.

My first thoughts would be 3-6" for much of CT. 2-4" in the NW corner and perhaps in the SE corner as well. Definitely mixing issues south coast and perhaps even all the way north to BDL as well, although I do think the EURO is overdone in that regard. As far as MA goes, anyone west of the MA/CT border would be 2-4/3-5, 3-6 east with inside 495 being 4-8 and inside 128 6-10(Both of these zones could have mixing issues), drag those south as well to PVD's lat. Towards the south coast, cape and islands, primarily rain with perhaps a couple inches of snow on the back end. 

Basically, something similar to the GGEM but an inch or so snowier across the board.

The Ensemble mean looks good. Actually more snow than the op. In western areas. The individual members look clustered just inside the bm. There was somewhat of a warmer at first and drier theme on some of the members compared to yesterday's almost perfect solution. Still some big hits in there as well. The Op looked more elongated with the low and definitely picked up on the initial boundary layer issues as well as the compact and more east weighted component of the qpf fields in comparison to other storms with a similar track and intensity.

Ya but that was a huge shift and the early week storm looks great

Yes. I will be interested to see if the Euro goes back to a more nuclear option with more impressive comma head and CCB.Regardless It should be a high end advisory or warning event for many outside of possibly the Berks who could be too far removed and possibly far SE areas if there is too much taint.

Frank and BOX think BOS to PVD is rain

I don't see how it is avoided unless it wraps up big time and tracks over and not west of the bm. Euro and cmc have it inside the bm while gfs is east of that. I think you may well get buried. I expect a plowable snow but heavy rain at the height.

I don't see how it is avoided unless it wraps up big time and tracks over and not west of the bm. Euro and cmc have it inside the bm while gfs is east of that. I think you may well get buried. I expect a plowable snow but heavy rain at the height.[/quote

I would think the opposite, Rain and than heavy snow at the height for you. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't see how it is avoided unless it wraps up big time and tracks over and not west of the bm. Euro and cmc have it inside the bm while gfs is east of that. I think you may well get buried. I expect a plowable snow but heavy rain at the height.

As of now I think 4-8 lolli 10 from Gay to ORH to North of NYC..a nice storm overall. I'm really hopping you guys are cold enough out there.

Archived