Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 3-4, 2015 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the skiers trying to make it safely home tonight on I-91 the 35-34 degrees is a little unnerving when you were expecting mid 40's. Stayed to enjoy the soft snow and 50+ degrees in the canyon at Killington. In Deerfield right now..foggy...raining off and on and 35. Expert driver at the wheel of the Subie with Nokkian tires and fog lights. stressful end to a very icy 10 days of skiing.

Yeah we'll jump, but dews will be falling quickly. We'll probably lose the ice in the trees, but the pack will laugh it off.

Nice to have pack.  What did you get--5" or so?  I'm guessing I only got 2-3" here (used 2" in Kevin's snow table).

I'm not sure how I've managed to stay below freezing.  Several times--including just now--I've questioned if my sensor was reading low and checked the status of icicles outside.  No dripping so I'm going to take it as accurate.

31.1/31

For all the skiers trying to make it safely home tonight on I-91 the 35-34 degrees is a little unnerving when you were expecting mid 40's. Stayed to enjoy the soft snow and 50+ degrees in the canyon at Killington. In Deerfield right now..foggy...raining off and on and 35. Expert driver at the wheel of the Subie with Nokkian tires and fog lights. stressful end to a very icy 10 days of skiing.

The NY and CT exodus through town from Mt. Snow had started early this morning as I witnessed going to the store.  I think they were all expecting mild temps and so made an early departure.  Conditions were likely crap, so it may not have mattered that it was cooler than anticipated.

Paul's map is back up...pretty awesome look right now.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

One thing worth noting when you look at this map is that CAD in Mass takes place not just in the CRV but from there west all the way to the spine of the Berks.  It's not showing up now as things are beginning to mix out, but here, a couple of Ashfield sites, Charlemeont were all hanging right around freezing.  It looks like I'll be the last of the 'west of the valley' sites to mix out.

Archived