Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 3-4, 2015 Storm Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it unusual not to have a wind advisory up for these gusts?

31.5/31

Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain showers this evening...then partly cloudy with scattered rain showers with a slight chance of snow showers after midnight. Areas of fog this evening. Blustery with lows in the lower 20s. West winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph...increasing to 45 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Monday: Partly sunny and blustery. Much cooler with highs in the mid 20s. West winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 50 mph... Decreasing to 40 mph in the afternoon.

Did Chris (Hippy in Greenfield) lose power or something

No-he had been posting earlier this afternoon.

35.6 now.  Still no melting for my wind readings.

Edit:  The anemometer's reading again, showing 9mph.  The vane might still be working some ice loose as it's showing it from the north.

36.2/36

The NY and CT exodus through town from Mt. Snow had started early this morning as I witnessed going to the store.  I think they were all expecting mild temps and so made an early departure.  Conditions were likely crap, so it may not have mattered that it was cooler than anticipated.

Why would mild temperatures make conditions crap?? I don't understand. It was soft carving hero snow after a week of icy death slides. Easily the best day in the past 7 hands down!!!

Why would mild temperatures make conditions crap?? I don't understand. It was soft carving hero snow after a week of icy death slides. Easily the best day in the past 7 hands down!!!

I had intended to say the zr would have made the conditions crap.  I'm not a skier, so I must have made a wrong assumption about the impact of zr on the slopes.

36.8/36

I had intended to say the zr would have made the conditions crap.  I'm not a skier, so I must have made a wrong assumption about the impact of zr on the slopes.

36.8/36

I think your perception is shared by many. It was 54 degrees at Killington so no zr.

The rain that came in should wash the remaining snow cover away for sure now lol!! This winter so far Fookin Sucks, BIG TIME!!

In 2011-2012, I had more snow up to this point in January, than I do this year... Now that's pathetic!!

The October 2011 Nor'easter dropped almost 11 inches here. Got one more event in mid January that season that dropped about 6.5 inches and that was about it that year. Ended up with about 18-19 inches that whole season...it was a real Lousy season that year as everybody knows.

This season so far I have 5.5 inches lol. I would need about another 14 inches more this year to tie that abismol season, and the way it's going, I can see me not making it. I never thought I/we would be having such a horrible winter season?? Just goes to show you, we could have everything going in our favor, and still get a Klunker of a season.

Archived