Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/5-1/6 clipper system

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I was MIA during the event.  I got caught up on a local met's chat and forgot to check in here with updates.

I finished with about 5.8 inches.  I expected uniform measurements, but I had 5.9 to 6.0 on my snowboards and 5.6 or so on the patio.  I went with an average.  The shocker is that I can totally confirm the low ratio reports.  I melted down the gauge catch as well as a core sample and got a close average of 0.46".  That is not even 13 to 1.  We were expecting 20 to 1.  The first couple inches came from very small flakes, as others reported.  After that, we got under some stronger bands that produced better flake size.

KDTW 060638Z 23005KT 3/4SM -SN BR BKN007 OVC012 M13/M16 A3037 RMK AO2 TWR VIS 1 SNB04 P0002 RVRNO $

Wonder how much we squeak out here.

Meh, most likely not even an inch... snowless winter continues.

December has been lame, January is starting the same way, who knows, maybe this winter will just end up the least snowiest? (Especially when you compare last year vs this), and lots of influenza reports around. People are getting sick all over. 

Meh, most likely not even an inch... snowless winter continues.

December has been lame, January is starting the same way, who knows, maybe this winter will just end up the least snowiest? (Especially when you compare last year vs this), and lots of influenza reports around. People are getting sick all over. 

Not a chance in hell. We are at 5.1" as of Midnight which doesn't include anything that is falling now. We would need to have less than 8.3" not including the current snow falling right now for the rest of winter.

Not a chance in hell. We are at 5.1" as of Midnight which doesn't include anything that is falling now. We would need to have less than 8.3" not including the current snow falling right now for the rest of winter.

Maybe not least snowiest but top in the 10 least snowiest? you never know. But I really hope things pick up soon, I know that it's only January 5th, but time is running out quickly to be honest. Storm after storm, bust after bust, periods on no weather, adds up. But oh well, no complains after last year. 

agree. Actually the record is 12.9" in 1936-37 (for some reason Dtx has 13.4 listed, that is wrong). The snow season is not even a third over.

Maybe not least snowiest but top in the 10 least snowiest? you never know. But I really hope things pick up soon, I know that it's only January 5th, but time is running out quickly to be honest. Storm after storm, bust after bust, periods on no weather, adds up. But oh well, no complains after last year.

meh it was a snowless December not a snowless winter. Snowy November, snowless December, and January is starting out wintry but doing it the TRUE nickel and dime way.

Looks pretty outside. This entire clipper occurred with snow at 8 degrees!

3" solidly even here....  Not sure what Columbus official is but I think they should be above 3" since they are a bit south of me where the snow was a bit heavier.   One of the driest snows I can remember.  A wisk broom to clear 3" off the car in about 1 minute.

low end of expectations....but pretty much made my call of 3-4"   Not disappointed, not excited, not a bust either.

2.7" on 0.20 liquid. South-shifting, underperforming moisture and ratio bustorama. (Mortar in sig represents storm)

Ouch, maybe you can pick up a lake streamer the next few days.  Love that sig lol.  5.5 here with .30 liquid.  Still -SN with the tail end, might get to 6 if it can keep it up a little longer.  It's definitely (and finally) white around here.   

DTW (& ARB) got exactly 1.0", but I got 0.8" here in Wyandotte on 0.07" liquid. The snow is literally the consistency of sugar. In fact, when I was shoveling it reminded me of scooping sugar when making Christmas cookies :lol:. Powerball ftw with ratios (not only here but to our south as well). The roads were more treacherous (the temp was 8F the entire snow) than they often are during MUCH larger snowfalls.

Sllllowly but surely looking like winter again.

4171-800.jpg

Archived