CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking to get into the middle of it but ORH had a good point about if you read older threads they don't seem to be as degraded as some of our recent threads. I'm just as guilty as anyone though.

there's been no snow storms might be why, Geezus how many times can you say any discussion of a storm outside 96 hrs is just a folly. Rarely does anything work outside day 4. It's just supposition,conjecture and rote model interpretation. I totally agree to a dedicated storm thread the day before or day of clean of boo hoo and BS. Until then it's just lipstick on a pig.

Hopefully that lasts until the 00z comes out and then most will be too drunk to see the 3 cutters it will have. :lol:

Nice advisory thump on the 18z run...I figured since so many people's emotions were tied to whether 1/4 gives us 4" versus 1.5"...it would lift the spirits a bit,.

there's been no snow storms might be why, Geezus how many times can you say any discussion of a storm outside 96 hrs is just a folly. Rarely does anything work outside day 4. It's just supposition,conjecture and rote model interpretation. I totally agree to a dedicated storm thread the day before or day of clean of boo hoo and BS. Until then it's just lipstick on a pig.

Hahaha I love that saying lipstick on a pig.

Nice advisory thump on the 18z run...I figured since so many people's emotions were tied to whether 1/4 gives us 4" versus 1.5"...it would lift the spirits a bit,.

It's also hinting at one of those overrunning deals in the longer range with a low along it. Some of the ensemble members were showing that too. Day 10ish.   Figure one of those have to pop up sooner or later.

lmao

Possibly WINDEX-y on Friday morning....BTV even mentioned up to a foot with the FROPA at Jay Peak, etc...

&& "The combination of the moisture in the low levels from the lakes and the surface forcing from the front will allow for a chance of synoptic snow showers across most of the north country on Friday during the day and early evening. The higher terrain will like see enhanced snow fall and I wouldn't be surprised if Jay Peak et cetera saw a foot of snow with the front dropping south. &&

I actually find it nice..the Jan 3-4 threat, you can go in there if you don't hang on the board all day and find a quick rundown of the system without scrolling through 5 pages of clutter.

But if you don't like it, just hang in here like you've done.

Agree, and I feel much clearer about where to go for the best drama.

Archived