• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

An auspicious start to the year--cold and dry. :)

Surprised no one's ventured any posts into the Sat/Sun thread. Must be too depressing. I think the EC was west and warmer, but I'm on 24-hour intervals so I really can't judge.

I thought it was a tick better but seems like just noise. Guidance has been locked in on this one though. Goal posts seem to be narrow since d5. Wish it would do that for the next big coastal.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An auspicious start to the year--cold and dry.  :)

Surprised no one's ventured any posts into the Sat/Sun thread.  Must be too depressing.  I think the EC was west and warmer, but I'm on 24-hour intervals so I really can't judge.

It's a little snow quickly to rain. There's a reason why none is posting about it. It's a torch after a quick start as snow

Good to see folks here excited about pond skating.

We skate on an 80 acre beaver pond across the road from our house.

I went out for a nice skate this morning.  We have white ice because we had snow that made it through the Christmas Eve massacre.  The surface is nice and smooth, although of course it can never match black ice smoothness.

Depth is 3-4 inches.  I stuck to the shallow areas out of an abundance of caution but while retrieving an errant puck I skated farther out and saw skate marks on the ice so I guess my neighbor already tried out the whole pond.  I didn't see any big holes so it must have been fine.

Enjoy!

Perhaps even an extended period of icing preceded by a decent front end thump.

2-4" of paste followed by icing and I'll probably need to fire up the generator for a bit on Sunday. My hood loses power when a duck farts.

you always are in a prime spot in this setup and follow up clipper and cold looks good.

Archived