joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22, clear, calm, hasn't been any interesting weather in weeks, even a rain and wind storm would be good now,the Grinch storm was a dud,almost 2 months of Solar winter have gone by, Sunset is noticeably later, only benefit for me is I don't have to rake the North side of my roof, still have 2 tiny piles of Glacier on the North side of the house left from our White Thanksgiving, the most excitement lately was burying the snowmobile in the back yard, yanked it out with the truck before the mud froze, yep, exciting times up here.  

22, clear, calm, hasn't been any interesting weather in weeks, even a rain and wind storm would be good now,the Grinch storm was a dud,almost 2 months of Solar winter have gone by, Sunset is noticeably later, only benefit for me is I don't have to rake the North side of my roof, still have 2 tiny piles of Glacier on the North side of the house left from our White Thanksgiving, the most excitement lately was burying the snowmobile in the back yard, yanked it out with the truck before the mud froze, yep, exciting times up here.

Good. No hype from the media.

22, clear, calm, hasn't been any interesting weather in weeks, even a rain and wind storm would be good now,the Grinch storm was a dud,almost 2 months  weeks of Solar winter have gone by, Sunset is noticeably later, only benefit for me is I don't have to rake the North side of my roof, still have 2 tiny piles of Glacier on the North side of the house left from our White Thanksgiving, the most excitement lately was burying the snowmobile in the back yard, yanked it out with the truck before the mud froze, yep, exciting times up here.  

You find the 10-minute gain since Dec 9 noticeable?  Very perceptive of you. 

Have you also noticed the 1* increase in the sun angle yet?

:)

28.2/20--quite the climb off a low of 21.8

Hey Steve (Ginxy),

Interesting article online at projo.com about rising seas and their impact on the RI shoreline. This is a link to the project and the mapping:  www.beachsamp.org.

I worked in Galilee when we lived in Narragansett and my old boss would tell me about Carol roaring through in the 50's and the water flooding the streets below as he hung on a flag pole in the wind; slightly hyperbolic but fun to listen to   

Happy New Year

Didn't you just melt yesterday?  I'm kinda excited.   I'm thinking it is going to snow here 4-8 this weekend....but I also thought the Eagles would win the NFC East. Not so good on the predictions here. 

No..in fact,, many have noticed how even keeled and level headed I've been during these difficult times. Other years i would have..This year I kept it together while others have ..even mets

No..in fact,, many have noticed how even keeled and level headed I've been during these difficult times. Other years i would have..This year I kept it together while others have ..even mets

LOL, I found it funny he posted about being excited yesterday, and depressed today. 

Truth.

But let's just wait and see how the pattern looks on 1/15. That's when we could potentially see all the suppressed negative emotions come spilling out from everyone.

False.

He went off the deep end cancelling winter a couple of times....I've never been called a 4 year old by one of the most venerable non met board members :lol:

You're both delusional.

False.

He went off the deep end cancelling winter a couple of times....I've never been called a 4 year old by one of the most venerable non met board members :lol:

You're both delusional.

I haven't cancelled winter. Not once. I've expressed worries and concerns..Like most level headed, sane people have. That's different than canceling winter. I could care less what Jerry called me.

You have lost it several times.

I haven't cancelled winter. Not once. I've expressed worries and concerns..Like most level headed, sane people have. That's different than canceling winter. I could care less what Jerry called me.

You have lost it several times.

I have vented frustration, sure....but never once have I budged on this winter.

Zero.

What I have done is imply that if something doesn't give by mid January, than I may have to start making some changes, and I def. would come Feb.

Does that mean cancelling?

No.

Keep  in mind how robust my outlook was to begin with.

I have vented frustration, sure....but never once have I budged on this winter.

Zero.

What I have done is imply that if something doesn't give by mid January, than I may have to start making some changes, and I def. would come Feb.

Does that mean cancelling?

No.

Keep  in mind how robust my outlook was to begin with.

Well after this event..I should probably get 2 and you'll probably get 3.5-4...so we'll pretty much be dead even going into what hopefully will be a snowy next 55- 60 days before Morch hits. May the longest weenie win

Well after this event..I should probably get 2 and you'll probably get 3.5-4...so we'll pretty much be dead even going into what hopefully will be a snowy next 55- 60 days before Morch hits. May the longest weenie win

Should be a good battle. 

I need to take advantage of February because you have the edge later in the season owed to topography.

Archived