Newest Member
    CHSVol
2014/15 Winter Banter and General Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8/4. My low for December 2014.

NW MA / CNE ice skating fans take note, Saturday may be the best pond skating of the winter. Our neighborhood beaver pond might be ready Friday. Went out tonight and was over 2" clear black ice already.

Edit: this is in no way an endorsement of the integrity of the ice on your local pond. Be safe, take a chisel and make sure there is 3"+ of uniform clear black ice!

8/4. My low for December 2014.

NW MA / CNE ice skating fans take note, Saturday may be the best pond skating of the winter. Our neighborhood beaver pond might be ready Friday. Went out tonight and was over 2" clear black ice already.

Edit: this is in no way an endorsement of the integrity of the ice on your local pond. Be safe, take a chisel and make sure there is 3"+ of uniform clear black ice!

This. Did the same today. We are a bit behind. Only about 1" or a bit more right now but it's primo and it's cold. Friday or Saturday will be the day.

Happy New Years Day everyone 2015 will bring the goods of snow into our lives like we have been missing for over 10 months now.  Anyways the 00z EURO shows our clipper then another storm out to sea a day later, I think its having trouble with which disturbance to rely on right now and there is a band of snow off the South Coast of MA, RI and CT heading my way.

Archived