joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Week Storm (Wed/Wed night)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised to see how much the 18Z GFS shifted west being only 15 hours b 4 precip starts.   Past few days I was envious of you guys further SE than me but its settling in that the hills of Central Mass into Central  New England are going to be the sweet start.  Don't sweat it if you miss this one, its only Nov 25th.

Now we have 3 hours of people crying about sleet.. awesome :)

Actually, I'm crying because they just canceled school for us here already tomorrow. What  freaking waste of a snow day. It's not even a full freaking day, so the kids will be out at 1:00 or so.  Freaking dumb.  MARK MY WORDS, THEY  will be regretting this move in June, just like the no-snow-show, and the barely 1.5" event that called off school last season.

Actually, I'm crying because they just canceled school for us here already tomorrow. What  freaking waste of a snow day. It's not even a full freaking day, so the kids will be out at 1:00 or so.  Freaking dumb.  MARK MY WORDS, THEY  will be regretting this move in June, just like the no-snow-show, and the barely 1.5" event that called off school last season.

yikes, school cancelled already, all good here in MA, but snow would be due to start later.

Fisher

Eric Fisher ‏@ericfisher  29m

29 minutes ago

And here's your 'precipitation type' forecast. Very wet SE Mass. Period of PM sleet in Metro West/95 corridor.

B3UYYdwCYAElAhN.png

0 replies5 retweets3 favorites

Retweet5

Favorite3

More

Man...you're going to be a nervous wreck tonight trying to sleep. Lots of tossing and turning. Counting sleet instead of sheep.

I want sleet. Hope I get an inch or 2 of it .

You'll get a good dose I think...embrace it. Prob 4-6 there and then a pellet-fest is my guess. Locked pack for the weekend though.

For ORH, I think prob 6-10...wider range because more uncertainty on when the pellets start.

You'll get a good dose I think...embrace it. Prob 4-6 there and then a pellet-fest is my guess. Locked pack for the weekend though.

For ORH, I think prob 6-10...wider range because more uncertainty on when the pellets start.

Knife edge gradient to the NW of NYC... thankfully, I'm enjoying Txgiving with the in-laws near WEstwood, NJ, right by the Garden State and I'm still concerned.

8 inches of snow here then an inch or so of ip on top then maybe an inch or so if weenie snow into the holiday. Stuff you can hope happens around a big holiday

Archived