joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thanksgiving Week Storm (Wed/Wed night)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps it is my weenie goggles, but sleet often seems to come into play earlier/farther north than modeled.

Probably not.

Perhaps it is my weenie goggles, but sleet often seems to come into play earlier/farther north than accepted.

Absolutely.

You may weenie me now

:weenie:

Ha, just saw it. 

While we await the RGEM and GFS, it's probably important to remember a few things. First, this is a gulf system already loaded with convection, only to develop more. While models are usually good at simulating it, they still can pump heights up a tiny bit more downstream than modeled. That can mean some tweaking of the storm track and mid level low positions. Secondly, the trend has been there to warm the mid levels for a few runs now. Of course the front end thump as trended a bit stronger too because of stronger WAA. Thirdly, those 700-650mb warm layers sometimes can ruin the party a bit prematurely it seems. I feel like the higher altitude warm tongues sometimes come in slightly quicker than modeled. Now the good thing is that tremendous vertical velocities will be trying to fight it off. It's going to be a good battle where latitude will help.

Anyways, I'm not advocating changing anything..just something to keep in mind. This does look like an HGH run of the NAM that we know and love. Would have more faith for sure in RGEM/Euro.

Updated snow forecast from us. 

If I had to draw a map it would probably be pretty close to that. Honestly starting to think the shoreline gets boned pretty good, be surprised if we manage anything more than a slushy inch or two back this way. Also not sold on much more than 6" for most of the state outside of the NW hills. Kind of bitter that I'm putting off holiday travel for a day to sit around for what will mostly be a cold rainstorm along the shoreline. 

Wtf man...it has high prob of 4+

It cut back a bit on the 8"+ probs...but yeah, the SREFs were still very snowy right to BOS.

Obviously the NAM wanted to go insane with the H7 warm layer...but good chance it may have overdosed on it's afternoon perscription.

Archived