• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3rd Anniversary of Rocktober Halloween snow bomb

Ginx snewx

It was meh were I was (BOS), but I was a freshman in college and it was my first "event" since moving here from Texas, so I will always have fond memories of it anyway.  Of course the flurries a couple days prior were cool too. 

I just remember going to bed at like 12-1 am and looking at my window at the snow and everything was surreal lol. 

Heres a video of West Hartford in front of the house at the beginning of the storm......insanse parachutes.....it wasn't too long after the start that the sh-it hit the fan......limbs started raining down within an hour or so.....amazing storm....I'll post some pics later.....Photobucket is down....

the next morning drove out route 2, the snow depth started adding up significantly in Acton...hiked to summit of Wachusett and took one run before having to get home...snow was 2-3' at summit...great experience but what a crappy winter afterwards!

summit.JPG

Ended up with 8" here in Ashford.  I was surprised ecstatic when it started as snow, since I was expecting rain for the first few hours.  It stayed snow for the entire storm and it was snowing pretty hard early on, but unfortunately we got dryslotted pretty badly.  We probably had about 3" of paste with 5" of powder on top from the final band.  Ashford was on the edge of the major power outages; we were 100% out of power while Mansfield, just to our south, was around 50% with much less damage.  We were out of power for almost 6 days I think, although the damage wasn't nearly as bad as it was in the CT River valley.

100_0261_zpsfb7fb7a8.jpg100_0262_zps975837e2.jpg100_0266_zps6785e356.jpg100_0263_zpscb6a989b.jpg

Heres a video of West Hartford in front of the house at the beginning of the storm......insanse parachutes.....it wasn't too long after the start that the sh-it hit the fan......limbs started raining down within an hour or so.....amazing storm....I'll post some pics later.....Photobucket is down....

Sounds like you're raising a snow lover yourself! Sounds like me when I was a kid having my head smack dad on the window glass during a snowstorm. 

Archived