Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Oct 31- Nov 2nd Storm Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nearly fully foliated trees down this way, though '11 only produced a few sloppy inches and wasnt an issue with respect to trees and power at least not right along the immediate shore. If this comes to fruition I imagine another big gradient right along the coast.

Are you near peak? I would say we are very close here. The mild fall has continued the grass growth here and roses are still producing flowers

I think brake pumping should be in full effect until Thursday night at least. With such a fickle setup, a lot can go wrong. Not saying it can't happen, but more things need to come together than not

Trends are good however, and most models have something at this point, about all we can want at this time of year.

Are you near peak? I would say we are very close here. The mild fall has continued the grass growth here and roses are still producing flowers

I would say past. We still have plenty of green trees, but we also have some beginning to lose their leaves, so I think we've seen our best foliage at this point.

First threat of the season...so the hyping will be a bit more out of control than usual.

LEts keep in mind how easy this is for it to give us nothing but a few wet flakes.

Yeah the spread in options is from high impact to no impact. Haven't checked the DGEX or NAVGEM yet so not sure what to lock in at this point lol.

The Euro has definitely come in with a much more phased solution and a robust low in the overnight run with jackpot snows in NH and ME. Farther west here in the BTV area, synoptic snows would be light at best and any tick farther east would leave us smoking cirrus. The GFS appears to be a little less developed and farther east before the system really gets it act together. Either way I have no doubt there is something to watch for at least the eastern half of New England. Up here as far as mesoscale features and upslope potential that remains to be seen.

I'm losing a good amount of oak leaves and so are you. I still have leaves, but they are coming down.

Just taken. Most other species bare..Oaks still full disaster.Loaded like you after 2 beers. Do you remember what the Euro Ens did 4 days prior to Oct 2011? Obviously this is different, but I can't recall if they had that Storm 4-5 days out?

F35AFC4C-A5B1-4A7A-9B92-BD462F04CD10_zps

Just taken. Most other species bare..Oaks still full disaster.Loaded like you after 2 beers. Do you remember what the Euro Ens did 4 days prior to Oct 2011? Obviously this is different, but I can't recall if they had that Storm 4-5 days out?

Euro first showed 2011 around 126 hours out I recall...and never lost it after that. The other models all basically came on board by 72-84 hours...it was a suprisingly well forecast storm in the medium range by model guidance...but it was tough to actually pull the trigger on it until we were more like 48 hours out since you need everything perfect this time of year.

Yeah I was just using 2-m temps as OceanSt mentioned 33F rain. You're right this set up seems like anyone under like 36-37F would be wet snow or catpaws.

925mb temps will be more useful in this setup since 850 temps are definitely below zero during the meaningful precip on a Euro-esque solution.

925mb temps will be more useful in this setup since 850 temps are definitely below zero during the meaningful precip on a Euro-esque solution.

Seems like it would be easier to get a 33F paste than a 33F rain. Even with a steep lapse rate in the lowest 1kft you'd still get flakes probably making it down to the SFC in anything close to moderate/heavy precip.

Archived