joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 31- Nov 2nd Storm Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely sharper and further SW at 500mb when comparing the 00z EC ensembles to the 12z EC ensemble. One would think first flakes is a pretty good bet at least for the weekend in some spots.

the spread is still SW, have to wonder if we end up halfway between the insane cutoff over the MA from the other day and the Eastern Canada look yesterday. That's a big negative deviation Vortmax.

I will be in the woods on Saturday for opening of deer season. Snow would be nice for tracking but not likely going to happen. haha Windy may help in keeping the deer moving. I haven't been in the woods for deer season in 5 years. I had been at school during this season. 

Same here saturday, But i will be further to the NW so could see some flakes, But better sharpen the eyesight as if its that windy, You won't here them, But they wont here you either.................. :)

I will be in the woods on Saturday for opening of deer season. Snow would be nice for tracking but not likely going to happen. haha Windy may help in keeping the deer moving. I haven't been in the woods for deer season in 5 years. I had been at school during this season.

windy is always good noise and scent wise

12z ECMWF ensembles does look better further north then the op with the trough, Sharper like has been mentioned with more of a Neg tilt and has precip further west at the surface

The sfc low develops on the baroclinic zone well offshore with a weaker vortmax...consolidating all of that will be a tough task.

However, if one is looking for accumulating snows this early, you definitely want to see a deep ULL which is showing up on just about all guidance...so at least that ingredient is there. We'll see if the placement cooporates as we get closer.

Same here saturday, But i will be further to the NW so could see some flakes, But better sharpen the eyesight as if its that windy, You won't here them, But they wont here you either.................. :)

Yeah I am hanging around southern areas. Best of luck to ya! I am excited to get back in the woods. 

The sfc low develops on the baroclinic zone well offshore with a weaker vortmax...consolidating all of that will be a tough task.

However, if one is looking for accumulating snows this early, you definitely want to see a deep ULL which is showing up on just about all guidance...so at least that ingredient is there. We'll see if the placement cooporates as we get closer.

that deep a ULL itself while not assuring synoptic snow certainly offers the chance of squalls and wintry appeal.

Moved the snow climo talk of God's Country to the New England snow climo thread.

Storm threads should try to stay on topic.

Apologies. I agree with Ginx the ULL would at the least bring widespread snow showers and instability stuff. Flakes a good bet most places in the interior. Maybe coast too but didn't look into those temp profiles much.

Apologies. I agree with Ginx the ULL would at the least bring widespread snow showers and instability stuff. Flakes a good bet most places in the interior. Maybe coast too but didn't look into those temp profiles much.

working outside so haven't seen much but is the upslope Sig still there on the Euro?

Knowing nothing will probably come of this here I still feel compelled to take apart the snow blower carburetor to adjust for whatever little leak I have. Hopefully just the float in the bowl is stuck. Small engine repair for the mechanically challenged is always good learning. lol

Lol, ran mine today, greased and ready for someday .

Knowing nothing will probably come of this here I still feel compelled to take apart the snow blower carburetor to adjust for whatever little leak I have.  Hopefully just the float in the bowl is stuck.  Small engine repair for the mechanically challenged is always good learning.   lol  

Lol, ran mine today, greased and ready for someday .

Sears is coming over tomorrow to give my craftsman a tune-up (and a new tire).  I will have cursed the storm by having done so.  

Archived