• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 31- Nov 2nd Storm Disco

Damage In Tolland

Models should trend towards a final solution as the remnants of Ana come onshore over the next 24-36 hrs. Minor changes in amplitude / timing of of this feature will wreck havoc with phasing/interaction with the polar s/w that dives s/e right behind it.

Looks like an interesting weekend regardless with the potential for first flakes, strong winds (biggest concern?), and the first region wide freeze? 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a plausible outcome, regardless of what's currently modeled, is flakes in the air for many folks with accums contained to northern NE.

The lock in any of this is the cold and end of growing season for many. If something like the GEFS happens, it's probably like what you mentioned. That's probably a good starting point. I absolutely would not fall in love with the GFS or Canadian op at the moment.

The lock in any of this is the cold and end of growing season for many. If something like the GEFS happens, it's probably like what you mentioned. That's probably a good starting point. I absolutely would not fall in love with the GFS or Canadian op at the moment.

Would you choose the damaging winds or flakes in the air?

Yeah, but a pretty short lived cold... 3 days? of below is pretty meh

The subtitle to this thread reads:  "Flakes and wind and cold all possible".  I guess rain or a whiff are beyond the realm of possibility.  :)

Nice day out there today.

53.5/40

The occurance of flakes doesn't eliminate rain....pretty common actually to get rain in any late Oct/early Nov system that also brings flakes.  

The system could whiff, but at least some folks would almost certainly see flakes anyway from the upper trough...most likely NNE mountains...but even the general interior too.

Close to something big

I'm not sure an actual big storm is even attainable unless we cut down on the wave interference. The inverted trough version seems to be the big favorite at the moment...and those can end up hundreds of miles from model progs at this point in the forecast.

At least the models are semi-interesting to track again.

I'm not sure an actual big storm is even attainable unless we cut down on the wave interference. The inverted trough version seems to be the big favorite at the moment...and those can end up hundreds of miles from model progs at this point in the forecast.

At least the models are semi-interesting to track again.

I would rather see the models lose the inverted rough idea we all know how those pan out usually not very well until right at go time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Inverted troughs suck for forecasting haha...can't even take those to the bank 12 hours out with good model consensus.

The occurance of flakes doesn't eliminate rain....pretty common actually to get rain in any late Oct/early Nov system that also brings flakes.  

The system could whiff, but at least some folks would almost certainly see flakes anyway from the upper trough...most likely NNE mountains...but even the general interior too.

I bet Pete sees snow. 

A few flakes are pretty "meh" on Nov 1.    Accumulations are another thing entirely.

Would not be shocked to see a little snizzle (hate that term)

Yep, a few flakes for 11/1 over the interior elevations is pretty average actually. ORH has had 29 years since 1950 where first flakes occured in October or earlier (Sept 30 in 1992). So that is 46% of the time...almost a 50/50 proposition to beat 11/1. Go a little higher up in the Berks or N ORH hills/Monads, and the prospects likely improve to higher than 50/50.

So first flakes in the air this year on 11/1 would be quite normal actually...get us an inch or two and it definitely becomes rarer.

Yep, a few flakes for 11/1 over the interior elevations is pretty average actually. ORH has had 29 years since 1950 where first flakes occured in October or earlier (Sept 30 in 1992). So that is 46% of the time...almost a 50/50 proposition to beat 11/1. Go a little higher up in the Berks or N ORH hills/Monads, and the prospects likely improve to higher than 50/50.

So first flakes in the air this year on 11/1 would be quite normal actually...get us an inch or two and it definitely becomes rarer.

The first 5 or 6 days of November it always seems mild..Never any snowfalls that i recall. 

If that lead s/w didn't yank it east, that would be a heck of an event. Still rain to snow for most on this run even BOS if 925 temps were to be believed.

Yes, Get that out of the way and someone would be in business, Don't know if that will be the case though as it has that trough appeal look right now which makes this way more complex

Archived