Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Oct 31- Nov 2nd Storm Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOX talked about the AO, but what you see if you looked closer was the ridge over Greenland. Right now our disturbance is moving just east of the north coast of AK. That ridge in Greenland allows it to dive SSE behind a developing ULL east of Hudson Bay. So while it is not a true blocking ridge, it might be doing its thing in other ways and allowing this to dig significantly.

It's very important to remember all the moving parts. It sounds like some are getting excited, but we should always know the caveats at day4.5- 5. It's not as much of a fantasy like day 7 and beyond, but we've had some great modeled storms this far out, only to change. It certainly is interesting though. 

Euro ens crush us. Media seems to be ignoring

C2CB1A43-066C-4A4E-AA05-7BED6251FB38_zps

I wouldn't say ignoring, it's just that 4-5 days away from an event, MUCH can happen...we all know that.  By Thursday, this idea of a Major Storm, Snow or otherwise could be distant memory??? If by later Tomorrow and Thursday, if this still looks to be a Threat, you will see the Media jumping on this like Crazy.  Plenty of time for the Media Hype if things continue to look Ominous.

Just looking back at the trend in the last 4 Euro ensemble runs.......the trend at the 500 level has been quite noticeable in the direction of diving the trough further south and now last night's run even closed the darn thing off just southwest of the region. 

Very interesting to say the least.  Will see if the trend continues in the next few runs.

Well, It was something some discussed here yesterday, If we could get the ULL to dig further south and capture some of that moisture out of the south instead of it running out ahead and pulling the ULL with it off shore in a trough type fashion,  That we could get this type of scenario, But being the first model run that has this, and being 120 hrs out, You really have to stay on the side caution until we can get a few more runs of the Euro to hold and get some others on board as well, The GFS is a pancake with this right now, But that's not a bad thing for the GFS this far out, But it has raised the bar of interest that's for sure

Maybe at 1000 feet you could be honking a little louder. I'm still cautious on surface temps.

"If" We can get this to crank up south of the region, I think we could dynamically cool the column even to the coast enough for snow if we can get this to track close enough to the region.

"If" We can get this to crank up south of the region, I think we could dynamically cool the column even to the coast enough for snow if we can get this to track close enough to the region.

Yes, I almost added that. But if it isn't cranking, then I would think it would be mostly light rain for many, not scattered flurries.

I would like to see the western ridge axis near Idaho instead of the Montana/Dakota border. It would have given the northern stream wave more time to drop in and we could have phased further southwest.

Phase  further SW floods lower levels with warmer air too. There is less room for error as compared to a normal winter storm.

I think Tippy ran the Euro out of his basement no? 

But that being said. For those of you who want to get a snowstorm this weekend, the Euro run is exactly what you want or something of that flavor. 

Biggest model run of the fall coming up at 12 z.  lol

Remember the rule: 1 run is an abberation, 2 is a coincedence, and 3 is a trend.  Need the Euro's solution to hold for a couple more runs before anyone should begin to get excited. 

Movement of other models toward an EC solution would be cause for excitement

It's very important to remember all the moving parts. It sounds like some are getting excited, but we should always know the caveats at day4.5- 5. It's not as much of a fantasy like day 7 and beyond, but we've had some great modeled storms this far out, only to change. It certainly is interesting though. 

I hope these moving parts can cause things to be delayed to Sunday so I can enjoy seeing something come down.

Archived