gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Oct 31- Nov 2nd Storm Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that goes through Quebec, that squashes any hopes of it being negative fast enough. If the euro holds steady, it may be another classic model battle.

Yes, We will need the GFS to infuse it sooner, Trough was further SW this run but went negative to late because of that piece sliding across QUE, You can see that clearly at H5, Agree on the model battle, But like the one that is showing a more positive outcome right now, 12z Euro run will be big to see if it maintains a positive direction with this

Already less leaves on the trees around here than in '11. And while the oaks still held 90% of their leaves, they fared well, it was the maples that took a beating, especially the Norway maples which tend to hold onto their leaves longer.

Someone will get snow this weekend, especially in Northern NE. It's a question of how much. Coastal plain however is really where anything that falls won't likely accumulate. '11 was as perfect setup as it could get and while it snowed nearly the whole duration of the storm, I only managed about 5 or 6" of cement. Only 10 miles to my southeast they barely got an inch. 

Already less leaves on the trees around here than in '11. And while the oaks still held 90% of their leaves, they fared well, it was the maples that took a beating, especially the Norway maples which tend to hold onto their leaves longer.

Someone will get snow this weekend, especially in Northern NE. It's a question of how much. Coastal plain however is really where anything that falls won't likely accumulate. '11 was as perfect setup as it could get and while it snowed nearly the whole duration of the storm, I only managed about 5 or 6" of cement. Only 10 miles to my southeast they barely got an inch.

Lowell was sort of in a dryslot. Even Foxboro got more. If winds become northerly then all bets are off. NE winds are a different story. Either way , elevation is a bigger role vs latitude in this case. Unless this blows up in the Gulf of Maine.

Good riddance!  Those are about the weakest of the tree-size maples, along with silver maple.  Norway maples in central Maine were almost totally delimbed by the 1998 ice storm.

I'm still expecting a sub-40 rain event, maybe mixing/changing Sat night.

Euro really is the only "big game hitter" in the model wars today. I mean with it phasing energy and deep digging trough allowing for a slow down. That brings the sfc low right into the Gulf of Maine nearly missing the BM. 

I mean the EURO is playing like its Game 7 of the World Series. Do or die. HAHA

Anyways with GFS not really closing off and keep the flow pretty open the system (if any) waits until its in never never land before developing. 

I am telling fellow Met's this looks to be the first big Model War of the year. HAHA

Archived