joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer a dry pattern through Nov. then flip to wet. AN rainfall Oct/Nov is dreadful,.especially if we get into a rainy weekend pattern.

I had nearly 70" of snow after almost 20" of rain in October 2005.  If I remember correctly, that was on the heels of a dry summer which was one of the things that preventing the flooding from being worse than it was.

Cooled off nicely last night.  Looks like 42° out there.

Was 44 when I left my house at 530. Cloudy, which probably kept the temp relatively moderated.

Fall is in full swing here. Cool mornings and leaves,acorns, pine needles all over the place

Maybe I'm oblivious but I have not noticed the acorns like a lot here.  I have quite a few scrub oaks around too.

My cheapo thermo tickled 38.8F. Local meso site with a Davis only hit 42.0

There can be differences just in a short amount of space so I wouldn't discount it.  On clear nights if I have to go into my other job I can see a 3-5° difference just going down the hill.  I'm glad that I live in enough of a bowl to cool off most nights.

Nice valley fog this morning.  I wish I had time to drive around....I'm sure there are nice fog/foliage pictures to be had.

I wonder if we see a forced line of low topped convection ahead of the front. Pretty strong dynamics associated with the front along with a few hundred J/KG of sfc-based instability along with some elevated CAPE too.

Reminds me of when you predicted a first place spot for the Red Sox before they promptly shat the bed one last time....

All good wiz...optimists may live longer and at least are happier.

Reminds me of when you predicted a first place spot for the Red Sox before they promptly shat the bed one last time....

All good wiz...optimists may live longer and at least are happier.

:lol:

That was classic. I think I said they would go like 10-3 or something on that home stand and they went like 3-8

I wonder if we see a forced line of low topped convection ahead of the front.  Pretty strong dynamics associated with the front along with a few hundred J/KG of sfc-based instability along with some elevated CAPE too.

Never give up !

Archived