CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, interesting. Cool stuff. Never thought that colleges and universities would need help wth that, but some might. Financial aid certainly helps lol.

They need a ton of help.  They are businesses and they need to ensure that their tuition revenues are meeting their operational goals.  And it's  It's made more complex than jus the number of students in that they have preferential pricing through financial aid.  Many schools are discounting their tuition costs as much as 60%.  A miss on  enrollment has tremendous impact on the financial stability of schools.  

This article that came out this week gives a  sense of these challenges as experienced by Assumption College and Curry College.  Neither of which are clients so I take no responsibility.  :)

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/mass_roundup/2014/09/at-curry-and-assumption-colleges-early-returns.html?page=all

They are businesses

bankrupting thousands of kids and parents every year, student debt is a huge financial drain on the entire economy but that is another subject. Have you heard about the mountain coaster at Berkshire East? supposed to be the biggest and longest one in NA, can't wait to try it out. They really are pouring lots of money in there, new Lodge, new lifts, new zip lines and now the coaster.

They need a ton of help. They are businesses and they need to ensure that their tuition revenues are meeting their operational goals. And it's It's made more complex than jus the number of students in that they have preferential pricing through financial aid. Many schools are discounting their tuition costs as much as 60%. A miss on enrollment has tremendous impact on the financial stability of schools.

This article that came out this week gives a sense of these challenges as experienced by Assumption College and Curry College. Neither of which are clients so I take no responsibility. :)

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/mass_roundup/2014/09/at-curry-and-assumption-colleges-early-returns.html?page=all

There's going to be a movement to go to CC and then a major university for their last two years since the cost of higher Ed is ridiculous.

bankrupting thousands of kids and parents every year, student debt is a huge financial drain on the entire economy but that is another subject. Have you heard about the mountain coaster at Berkshire East? supposed to be the biggest and longest one in NA, can't wait to try it out. They really are pouring lots of money in there, new Lodge, new lifts, new zip lines and now the coaster.

Agree. 

It's really encouraging to see them making the capital investments.  I'm not a skier, but I get the sense it's a better hill than Wawa.  My 9-year old loves it.  As far as the coaster goes, I haven't heard any reviews.  Their zip lines are great--I'm still hoping to get there before the end of the month.    I really recommend it to everyone here--pretty fantastic on the Valley Jump zips.

what time can we expect Tor watches to go up?

May.

There's going to be a movement to go to CC and then a major university for their last two years since the cost of higher Ed is ridiculous.

It's really the smartest thing to do for most people.  Even people with the means to send their kids anywhere are scratching their heads and asking if it's really worth paying for a private college experience.  Especially now that the publics (at least the flagships) have transformed themselves into some REALLY neat places.  The UConn of today isn't the same UConn when I was in college, I tell you that!

And soon to have lift service mt bike trails for all abilities. They are wind powered mt too.

I'll be pushing them to carry People's Pint beer again so I can maybe take a few runs after delivering. lol.

And soon to have lift service mt bike trails for all abilities. They are wind powered mt too.

I'll be pushing them to carry People's Pint beer again so I can maybe take a few runs after delivering. lol.

My wife cringed at that--mountain biking should have you riding up and down.  She said that's for wusses.

RN

50.6/50

.08"

Archived