joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion

TalcottWx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for the big pattern change that was talked about. Going from above normal and dry to above normal and slightly wetter. Certainly no below normal wx anywhere in sight

It never really looked cold through next week. Sunday night will be chilly, but we moderate pretty quickly Mon/Tue. Hopefully we can get that front south of us for you on Saturday.

It never really looked cold through next week. Sunday night will be chilly, but we moderate pretty quickly Mon/Tue. Hopefully we can get that front south of us for you on Saturday.

Well I never thought it would be overly cold..but there was def some chatter on here about a regime change to cooler. Every day next week looks like 70+ in the valleys and warm spots and mid 60's at least in the hills. Only Sunday looks like a relatively cool day with upper 50's and wind in hills . I think the typhoons not recurving are part of the problem

Even BOX talks about it in afd

I read it,not zero, lock it up

WHILE THE SIGNIFICANT

TORNADO PARAMETER IS NEGLIGIBLE. INDICATIONS OF A HIGH SHEAR LOW

CAPE ENVIRONMENT ARE AT 5-PERCENT INTO S NEW ENGLAND. MEANWHILE

CIPS ANALOGS OFF THE 12Z NAM ILLICIT A SIMILAR LOW PROBABILITY OF

SEVERE WEATHER AS NEARLY ALL OF THE ANALOGS SHOW NO OUTCOMES. SO

THINKING IS THAT THERE LITTLE IF ANY SUPPORT THAT S NEW ENGLAND

WILL SEE WIDESPREAD SEVERE WEATHER...YET THE CHANCE IS NOT NILL.

THERE EXISTS A VERY LOW POSSIBILITY.

SO WITH THE LINE OF RAIN WITH EMBEDDED HEAVY SHOWERS ALONG AND

AHEAD OF THE FRONT THERE IS ALSO THE POSSIBILITY OF ISOLATED

THUNDERSTORMS. A LOT OF FORCING ALONG THE FRONT...ENOUGH TO LIKELY

ERODE THE MARITIME CAP...THERE IS THE THREAT WITH ANY THUNDERSTORMS

OF STRONG POTENTIALLY DAMAGING WIND GUSTS AROUND 30 TO 40 MPH AND

THE POTENTIAL /THOUGH VERY LOW/ BRIEF SPIN-UP OF A TORNADO. THE

LIKELIHOOD OF A TORNADO SEEMS A LONG WAY OFF...NEVERTHELESS AS

MENTIONED EARLIER THE CHANCE IS NOT ZERO.

Well I never thought it would be overly cold..but there was def some chatter on here about a regime change to cooler. Every day next week looks like 70+ in the valleys and warm spots and mid 60's at least in the hills. Only Sunday looks like a relatively cool day with upper 50's and wind in hills . I think the typhoons not recurving are part of the problem

Even three days ago it looked meh.

Northern plains looks chilly next two weeks...lots of WSW flow though into this area will modify that. Looks like a fairly stable pattern over the next 10 days, but definitely a turn towards more wet.

Yeah...ens were banging the trough axis in the midwest/western Lakes idea for awhile. We get sloppy second cooldowns while the coolest departures remain to our west. I'm just happy it's looking more stormy.

Yeah...ens were banging the trough axis in the midwest/western Lakes idea for awhile. We get sloppy second cooldowns while the coolest departures remain to our west. I'm just happy it's looking more stormy.

I think it would be a fun pattern in the winter...run the risk of the trough axis too far west, but that weak Atlantic ridging and Midwest trough would slingshot storms right up the coast or through our area.

Is there more ensemble support for the front getting south of us by the 11th, or more twds the GFS of a humid , rainy screaming soueaster?

Is there more ensemble support for the front getting south of us by the 11th, or more twds the GFS of a humid , rainy screaming soueaster?

ecens try to build a high in after a fropa. That GFS storm develops from the remnants of Simon. You can track that potent vort from west of Baja right up to New England. The Euro doesn't do much with it. Odds are probably against it, but I guess stay tuned.

dates to watch if a coastal forms

AA/NOS/CO-OPS

Disclaimer: These data are based upon the latest information available as of the date of your request, and may differ from the published tide tables.

Daily Tide Prediction

StationName: BOSTON

State: MA

Stationid: 8443970

Prediction Type: Harmonic

Units: Feet

Time Zone: LST/LDT

Datum: MLLW

Interval Type: High/Low Tide Predictions

Date Day Time Pred High/Low

2014/10/09 Thu 06:03 AM -1.14 L

2014/10/09 Thu 12:17 PM 11.88 H