• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discussion

TalcottWx

Heavy dose of blocked flow today. Big difference driving across the spine to and from Stowe. CPV and slopes just socked in with low ceilings and even a little mist all day, while the sun was breaking out and all clouds above mountaintop east of the spine. Clear demarcation on the way out near Bolton on 89.

Yeah that N to NNW wind at BTV is a classic blocked wind...but I know you know that lol. I actually saw periods where some low clouds were trying to come through Smugglers Notch and Nebraska Notch.

Yesterday was a little the other way with the east wind blocked on this side with low ceilings.

This airmass isn't producing rain but just that hazy low clouds depending on wind direction. Time to clear this out with Saturday's FROPA.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that N to NNW wind at BTV is a classic blocked wind...but I know you know that lol. I actually saw periods where some low clouds were trying to come through Smugglers Notch and Nebraska Notch.

Yesterday was a little the other way with the east wind blocked on this side with low ceilings.

This airmass isn't producing rain but just that hazy low clouds depending on wind direction. Time to clear this out with Saturday's FROPA.

Lol yeah a few would spill over and through every so often, but the wall held up well today haha. Was quite hazy though again as you said.

I've finally done well lately with running and lifting. I'm not eating the whole pie lol. Sometimes it's ok once in a while. Always remember this phrase.

# sh*tthattastesgood

Yeah I was kidding. Personally pot pies don't interest me. Ultimate white boy food...lol.

68/48

That high? Next week normal lows in CT are in the upper 30s in the cooler spots and <45 everywhere else (except BDR and GON). I was thinking earlier today how many places are going to end up with late frosts/freezes. I think BDL's average first frost is today, and they won't be close for at least a week unless they've already had one while I wasn't paying attention.

BTV:

01 Oct 1:54 pm EDT 57 52 83 NNW 6 3.00 HZ OVC006 1020.2 30.13 29.781 57 53 OK

MVL:

01 Oct 1:54 pm EDT 65 54 68 N 6 10.00 CLR 1020.1 30.12 29.341 65 53 OK

Literally the exact opposite of yesterday lol...today the clouds were blocked on the west slopes and BTV area, while yesterday the clouds were blocked on the east slopes while BTV was in the sun.

That high? Next week normal lows in CT are in the upper 30s in the cooler spots and <45 everywhere else (except BDR and GON). I was thinking earlier today how many places are going to end up with late frosts/freezes. I think BDL's average first frost is today, and they won't be close for at least a week unless they've already had one while I wasn't paying attention.

huh?

...THE HARTFORD CT CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR OCTOBER 1 2014...

VALID AS OF 0500 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1981 TO 2010

CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1904 TO 2014

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST

VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR

NORMAL

TEMPERATURE (F)

TODAY

MAXIMUM 63 206 PM 89 1927 69 -6 79

MINIMUM 59 838 AM 30 1992 46 13 43

AVERAGE 61 58 3 61

Archived