joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Fall 2014

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in New Salem York County and commute to Gaithersburg, MD for work. I get my obs from a CWOP site in Jefferson and York Airport (KTHV).

Oh ok cool! You are only like 15 minutes to my west. Odd...maybe I should recalibrate my Davis weather station. The Thomasville airport always runs colder though...

still at 41 here .That Thomasville ( York) is faamously low but accurate in the valley area

its crazy to look around and see the higher elevations still sitting warmer and lower ones dropping nicely... I am 80 meters higher than MDT airport and they are at 37... me still 42

For State College, I'm not particularly liking the higher numbers. I think the 00z Hi-Res NAM is a much better representation than previous runs, and it gives us a solid six hours of snow... probably at about or just better than 1/2" per hour. The reason I say that is because I would have liked to have seen more development on the radar over Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee at this point if I thought the higher numbers would verify.

Therefore, I'm going for 3-4 inches here in State College. I will definitely enjoy it, though. ^_^

Archived