joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Fall 2014

Eskimo Joe

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For State College, I'm not particularly liking the higher numbers. I think the 00z Hi-Res NAM is a much better representation than previous runs, and it gives us a solid six hours of snow... probably at about or just better than 1/2" per hour. The reason I say that is because I would have liked to have seen more development on the radar over Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee at this point if I thought the higher numbers would verify.

Therefore, I'm going for 3-4 inches here in State College. I will definitely enjoy it, though. ^_^

I will take any snow at all in November Mallow. I'm right there with you

2z RAP and HRRR are pure crush jobs for the LSV region. Something tells me someone like Cashtown or anyone located in the hill country of southern PA is going to get the business tomorrow. Impressive banding also being depicted by HRRR by morning and looks to keep on going for awhile. 

I'll say it again, someone is going to be very surprised tomorrow and others will be disappointed. Welcome to marginal MA events

Millville, I can't see the HRRR image (access forbidden).

P.s. thanks for posting all the updates!

Ahhh, I just deleted the image. The image was the final hour of the HRRR (Not it's most accurate range, but it virtually stayed the course from its 1z run. It was basically all snow N&W of I95 with decent banding extending back into the corridor. 850 temps crash starting 11z and by 15z, it was down to -3 in the LSV and areas north of there near -4. Lower levels looked alright with temps around 32-33 for basically everyone

No prob, thanks for the details.

Ahhh, I just deleted the image. The image was the final hour of the HRRR (Not it's most accurate range, but it virtually stayed the course from its 1z run. It was basically all snow N&W of I95 with decent banding extending back into the corridor. 850 temps crash starting 11z and by 15z, it was down to -3 in the LSV and areas north of there near -4. Lower levels looked alright with temps around 32-33 for basically everyone

I will take any snow at all in November Mallow. I'm right there with you

i completely agree. for the western side of PA or Ny, for that matter, to receive significant snow, we will need to see a western flair up of precip over kentucky and tennessee. the lack thereof suggests the sharp cutoff on the 0z NAM is most likely correct. I got excited earlier this afternoon when I saw some satellite flair up (see Bernie Raynos post), but since then I'm seeing some eastern correction to this storm. But I'll continue to watch with baited breath. ;)

Cloud shield seems to be rolling in now to MD area. Temps will spike some in all areas as we lose radiational cooling aspect. The winds will begin to pick up in the early morning hours out of the NE and hold temps steady. Once precip kicks in, we'll see an area wide evap cooling and temperatures will slowly fall to wet bulb temps. Those with lower dp's will wet bulb faster and transition over to snow quicker or even some spots just start as a mix with sleet as the layer between 850-925 will have a slight warm nose to it.

i completely agree. for the western side of PA or Ny, for that matter, to receive significant snow, we will need to see a western flair up of precip over kentucky and tennessee. the lack thereof suggests the sharp cutoff on the 0z NAM is most likely correct. I got excited earlier this afternoon when I saw some satellite flair up (see Bernie Raynos post), but since then I'm seeing some eastern correction to this storm. But I'll continue to watch with baited breath. ;)

You might squeak out a little bit of precip, but I probably wouldn't count on it up there in WNY. I'll say this, at least you won't be fighting surface temps like most of us  ;)

where is everyone I am so excited the channel from GOM impressive. and it is November!

Such an extensive precip field...and continuing to get fed by the GOM.  Hopefully, finally, this Miller A is for us.  I'm not sure I can remember the last time a Miller A came up close to the coast and I-95 was rain and we were snow.

Such an extensive precip field...and continuing to get fed by the GOM.  Hopefully, finally, this Miller A is for us.  I'm not sure I can remember the last time a Miller A came up close to the coast and I-95 was rain and we were snow.

me either....Miller A has been zero for many years. radar looks so impressive for us.

Surprised UNV has a warning up and the point and click only shows 2-4" of snow. The warnings should have been hoisted up the next tier of counties SE.

This might still have some surprises back to I-99 so I wouldn't count it out-that's a nice fetch coming from the tropics. It's obviously going to dump plenty where I am but as rain.

Archived