Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.62 here..not an end to the drought..but a huge blessing from above.

I had to do a 20 mile training run(Marathon is in 3 weeks) and it poured some of the time..but it helped cool it off with the high dews in place. 

And yes I do owe Yanks fan Yankee tickets. Bleacher seats are great at the Stadium

You should calibrate that rain guage. 0.62 seems low considering points to your west had well over 1" and IJD to your south had more than you recorded. There seems be a pretty consistent gradient from NW to SE. You probably had between 0.72 and 0.82.

Man I was sort of shocked when I just looked at the normal values... today's normal here near MVL is 68/44.  I was seeing if yesterday's 65F (which felt like an all out torch after the past 10 days of averaging -10 departures), and found that even yesterday's warmth was a -3 on the high. 

Just puts in perspective how cold the last 10 days were.  Today will be the first above normal day since September 11th, as we are already up to 73F.  Sneaky warm today.

Oh yeah certainly...BTV was 14 degrees warmer than here last night when I went to sleep.  The elevation difference is only 400ft or so, just different topography.

But yeah, sustained near 30mph, gusting around 40mph now at the airport...its a south wind factory.

It's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark.

Just to follow up on this... yesterday BTV recorded a +1 departure, while MVL had a -6 in the next county over.

Another good example of the locally higher departures that seem to be occurring there when southerly flow is present.

Man I was sort of shocked when I just looked at the normal values... today's normal here near MVL is 68/44.  I was seeing if yesterday's 65F (which felt like an all out torch after the past 10 days of averaging -10 departures), and found that even yesterday's warmth was a -3 on the high. 

Just puts in perspective how cold the last 10 days were.  Today will be the first above normal day since September 11th, as we are already up to 73F.  Sneaky warm today.

Really?  

You should calibrate that rain guage. 0.62 seems low considering points to your west had well over 1" and IJD to your south had more than you recorded. There seems be a pretty consistent gradient from NW to SE. You probably had between 0.72 and 0.82.

Maybe his gauge is under the trees, where people live?

Archived