Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what probably helped get it so cold last night was the drought and uber dry ground. No moisture in ground or low level moisture so it allowed temps to plummet even moreso than they normally would have. Same kind of thing that happens in the desert each night

Def true. Good insight. The drought hype paid off

Despite having 4 nights in a row below 40° F, we've not had a frost here. The lowest was 37.0° F yesterday morning. If the high pressure had been 12 hours later or earlier, we probably would've done it. We wasted the coldest part of the high during the daylight hours yesterday. I can't ever recall Cape Cod having a frost/freeze before most of the Berkshires.

ORH is now below normal for the month, impressive pattern change

This is what I've been saying... incredible turn around and like a switch was flipped.  From deep deep summer to deep deep fall.

MVL is now at -2.0 up here....and MPV now down to -3.5.

I can't believe average highs are still near 70F (68-69 I think) right now.  I know you love yourself some deep negative departures Ginxy, no matter what the time of year so here ya go for Montpelier...

I think we sustained it for a little bit as well. Garden or what was left of it isn't looking to great lol. Its over

Lol, I saw a couple of black peppers that are suppose to be green in there this morning, Looks like some of my other stuff survived but it's just about done

Sent from my iPhone

Lol, I saw a couple of black peppers that are suppose to be green in there this morning, Looks like some of my otter stuff survived but it's just about done

Sent from my iPhone

My little garden now resembles a compost pile...wilted brown. 

The hard freeze yesterday morning did it in...but again last night we snuck down to 33F around midnight before the south winds came in.  I went to bed with a temp in the low 30s and woke up and it was 47F at 7am, lol.

The hard freeze yesterday morning did it in...but again last night we snuck down to 33F around midnight before the south winds came in.  I went to bed with a temp in the low 30s and woke up and it was 47F at 7am, lol.

There's our wind argument for BTV on a south wind.

BTV SA 1454 AO2A 42 SCT 10+ 198/60/48/1824G34

Oops, Ha ha, We sustained below freezing for about one hour and a half before the slow climb back above freezing

Impressive cold this morning in SE SNE locations.  Congrats!

It was 37° here.  Temp went up a couple of degrees around 0400 due to some wind but fell off from there.  Despite the last 13 days being below my long term normal, I'm still sitting at 0.9° above normal for the month.  That speaks to how above we were the first week.

There's are wind argument for BTV on a south wind.

BTV SA 1454 AO2A 42 SCT 10+ 198/60/48/1824G34

Oh yeah certainly...BTV was 14 degrees warmer than here last night when I went to sleep.  The elevation difference is only 400ft or so, just different topography.  They get owned on those south winds.  So from a climo standpoint, today will get a low of 33-34 for MVL for 12a-1a before rising, while BTV's low will go down as 48-49F. 

But yeah, sustained near 30mph, gusting around 40mph now at the airport...its a south wind factory.

Oh yeah certainly...BTV was 14 degrees warmer than here last night when I went to sleep.  The elevation difference is only 400ft or so, just different topography.  They get owned on those south winds.  So from a climo standpoint, today will get a low of 33-34 for MVL for 12a-1a before rising, while BTV's low will go down as 48-49F. 

But yeah, sustained near 30mph, gusting around 40mph now at the airport...its a south wind factory.

It's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark.

This is what I've been saying... incredible turn around and like a switch was flipped. From deep deep summer to deep deep fall.

MVL is now at -2.0 up here....and MPV now down to -3.5.

I can't believe average highs are still near 70F (68-69 I think) right now. I know you love yourself some deep negative departures Ginxy, no matter what the time of year so here ya go for Montpelier...

mpv.png

double digit love

It's the gift that keeps on giving, Clark.

lol, I wonder how much BTV climo would change if a series of hills or mountains just happened to appear to their south blocking that wind.  Then they could upslope on northerly winds too.  Would get a lot colder and snowier in BTV with some terrain just to the south, haha.

lol, I wonder how much BTV climo would change if a series of hills or mountains just happened to appear to their south blocking that wind.  Then they could upslope on northerly winds too.  Would get a lot colder and snowier in BTV with some terrain just to the south, haha.

Ah the age old weenie wishing of what would happen if they were surrounded or located on high terrain. I picture what life would be like in my locale on 2,000ft higher. Pretty much would have no trees though from the LLJs...:lol:

Archived